Friday, February 7, 2020

Memories From The Past

February 7, 2020

Good morning.  Tis gray and wet today.  The weather forecast is rather wonky though.  It says that along with rain on and off, we'll get high temps of 50F degrees for a little while later today and very high winds.  Then the temps will drop drastically and by tomorrow morning, temps will be in the teens.  That's a really huge drop! 

I did not make it to the computer store this week like I had hoped, so I will give them a call and make an appointment to bring it to them in the next few days.  Then I'll have to take it there.  When I need to, I can be stern with myself, so now I'll have to deal with myself about the taxes. 

Yes, I have a very expensive accountant, but he only deals with things after all expenses have been listed, itemized and totaled.  That's the part I don't like!  Seems to me that years ago, the accountants did a lot more of the work themselves.  Ah well, it is what it is.  Today I'll get out my adding machine and start adding.  And unless I do this, I will not allow me to crochet this evening.  Oh no!

Enough chatter about unpleasantness.  How about some good stuff?  Like a couple of old photos. Years down the road I want to make sure that my great grandchildren (and maybe great greats?) have these photos.

This first one was taken on my daughter Deanne's wedding day, and is a favorite of mine.  These are my daughters Kerri and Deanne and my son Gary Jr.  Today, they are all grandparents.


This next photo was taken in my ceramic store.  This is my son Gary Jr. and his first born, Trio. (Gary III)  They were helping me paint an order.  Well, Trio chatted away while Jr. and I painted.  hahaha.  When Trio was a little bit bigger, he was painting too. 


I've been looking for one photo in particular.  However, so far it has not shown up.  Organization is not my best quality and I guess it shows.  I'll keep digging though because it has to be here somewhere. 

Last night, I put a few more rows on the cotton lapghan and I really like it.  I guess I'll have to make an afghan like it for myself when I finish all the Christmas afghans.  There are four of them to be made, so Hmmmmm.  It may be a while before I get to working on a cotton one for me.

The mailman just came by with mail so I should go out and get it.  I have a little table on my porch with a square blue container on it.  My mailman brings the mail to my porch and puts it in that blue container so that I don't have to walk to the main front porch for it.  I really appreciate this thoughtfulness.

So, till Sunday, Y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Love the pictures! Old pictures are such fun. I'm glad you have an accountant, even if he doesn't do all of the work. Makes things MUCH easier!

Sue said...

I enjoy looking back at old photos, Edna, they bring me right to the moment they were taken, my how time flies by so quickly, just like those pesky taxes that come so quickly, I put off filing as long as I can!
Have a blessed weekend.
Sue

Kathy said...

I loved seeing the old pictures you posted. Such fun to look back. This weather we are having is crazy. 50* one day and 30* the next. Yours is an even more extreme drop. Stay warm.