Monday, February 17, 2020

Happy President's Day

February 17, 2020

Good morning.  The sun is shining and the temperature is 35F degrees.  It may even get up to 40F degrees this afternoon.  I'm hoping that a batch of energy comes along with this sunshine.  I have so much to do these next two weeks. 

Today is President's Day.  It's a day to celebrate all past and present Presidents.  We also celebrate the birthdays of President Lincoln and President Washington. 

It looks like my friend Beth won't be joining Pogo and me in Florida.  She needs to have more surgery on her eye.  Flying may cause more problems for the health of her eyes.  It's going to be rather lonely without her there.  We do have a lot of fun.  Audrey will be joining me and Pogo for the second week.  I'm looking forward to spending the time with her. 

I borrowed a really cute cartoon from the web to share here.  I had to laugh because this is how it is when I try to give Pogo his meds. 


The only way to get something into Pogo's mouth is to hold his head still.  However, we can't do that because it stops him from breathing and he will turn blue.  So, I do the best I can and get as much of the medicine in him as I can.  Sometimes I do good, most times I don't.  Although I am getting better at putting drops into his eye.  (for the cataract)

One of these days, I'd like to make another photo doll.  Quite some time ago, I made a couple of these.  One for my granddaughter Jasmine and one for my great granddaughter Hailey.  Today I'll post the pattern in case anyone wants to try making one of these dolls.  If you do, please share a photo of the finished doll.  Have fun.



Now I'm going to watch the rest of Perry Mason before getting started on today's chores.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Terra said...

Funny cartoon! If I tried to give my cat a bath, that is how I might look. I joke I would have to wear a wetsuit, surfing style, for protection. My dog Bounce enjoys his baths. Yes, I celebrate our Presidents, past and present, today.

Theresa said...

That cartoon made me giggle. My daughter has to trick her dogs into taking meds too, it is painful for her:) I know you will enjoy your trip but sorry Beth wont' be able to join you!
Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!