Thursday, May 31, 2018

We Had A Fun Day Shopping

May 31, 2018

Good morning.  Gosh, have you noticed?  Today is the last day of this beautiful month of May.  Only three more weeks and it will be summer.  Time is flying!  Today is also another gorgeous day with sunshine and temps in the seventies.  You know Pogo and I will be sitting out on the porch today!

Yesterday, Pogo and I went out to do a couple errands.  After we took our packages to the Post Office, we headed for Pogo's favorite store, Ocean State Job Lot.  When we walk into the store, it really is nice to hear one of the sales staff say "Look who's here.  It's Pogo.  How are you little fellow?"  Of course, Pogo just laps it all up.  He loves people.

We took our time browsing all the neat stuff in the store.  First we went looking for the saucers for the bottom of our plants, then of course we had to buy two more plants.   We got a white Petunia, and a  pink Double Impatiens.



We also bought some more cookies.  Can't let our snack stash get too low!  They had some tasty looking coconut cookies so we bought a package of them for Joe.  Joe just loves coconut, so you know that made him very happy.

While we were there, I bought a small air fryer that was on sale.  I've been wanting to try one of these, but I was waiting for a good sale to come along.  Now I can have French fries once in a while, and a few other tasty foods that have to be fried.  I haven't opened the box yet, but I will today because I want to see if there is a cook book of sorts that comes with the fryer.  If not, I'll have to go online to find one. 

The lady who was behind me in line at the check out register said "You're going to love that.  I have two of them and I use them all the time."  That was very reassuring to hear.  After I use it a few times, I'll let you know how I like it.

I've had a request for an update on the Wondercide.  I'll try to do this in about a week.  Today, I'm going to spray some on Pogo's bed that is out on the porch.  I think I'll even spray some on the rug that is on the porch floor.  Can't be too careful. 

One of the dwarfs has just left to go to Walmart, so I asked him to pick up a roasted chicken for Pogo and me.  We'll have supper for lunch today, and tonight we'll have lunch for supper.  Oh, the fun things we do now that we are retired!

Now I think I'll take my crocheting and a bottle of water and head for the porch.  Pogo is wanting to get out there so that he can watch for the mailman.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Beth Reed said...

Hi Edna,
I am very curious on how you like your air fryer. I have thought of getting one and haven't because I just wasn't sure.
I had a oven that we could set to air but it never really worked for me. It dried everything out but maybe that was because it was a big oven. Or maybe I didn't understand exactly how it worked. I am not a technical person so it was probably just me.

I love your new plants. The pink Impatients are just gorgeous and you can never go wrong with petunias. Remember that they LOVE to have their dead leaves pulled. The more you pull the more they bloom.


I am heading to bed. I just posted on my blog so now I can rest... Take care of my sweet love bug and take care of you too... I will try to call you a little later on... xxx Beth