Monday, May 28, 2018

Happy Memorial Day

May 28, 2018

Good morning.  Happy Memorial Day to everyone.  Today is a day set aside to remember all those who have fought for our country and given their lives so that you and I may enjoy our freedoms.
 
author unknown (photo from Google)
 
Today is gray and damp, with temps in the low fifties.  There will be some sunshine and warmer temps later in the day.  The weather may hamper a few of the barbecues planned for today.  Pogo and I are staying in today.  We celebrated yesterday with a really nice lunch.  Pogo enjoyed his Filet Mignon.  Well, we did too.  Joe contributed mashed potato and corn to the meal.  It was dee-licious!
 
I spent the whole afternoon yesterday going through magazines, catalogues and old papers.  There are still tons of papers that I have to go through.  It's hard to throw things out because you never know when you'll need them again.  But I'm trying. 
 
Today I'll go through a few more, then I think I'll crochet for a bit.  I'd really like to start a new project.  I can work on the cranberry afghan in between projects.  It's hard for me to work with the really dark colors.  I can check my stitches much easier on the lighter colors.  So the next afghan will be in pastel colors.  As soon as I decide which colors I'll be using, I'll post a photo.
 
I took some photos of my veggie plants to show their progress.  A couple days ago, Joe re-planted them into large pots to give them more growing room.  The tomato plants already have lots of little yellow flowers on them.
 
 
The bell pepper plants are doing great too.  There's already one pepper starting.  Hopefully, I'm going to get to eat this one!
 
The weird thing is that none of these plants is more than six or seven inches tall yet.  Hopefully, they will continue to be as fruitful when they grow taller.  The flower plants in the greenhouse will have to be planted outside soon.  They are getting so big and full of flower buds.  So far, I'm really liking this greenhouse.  And my plants like it.
 
Now I think I'm going to do a bit of blog reading and get started on this beautiful new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a safe, happy Memorial Day.
 
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

LV said...

Glad you are having a nice holiday. It is clear and hot here. Wish I lived nearby so I could enjoy some of your fresh veggies.