Tuesday, May 22, 2018

It's A Quiet, Gray Day

May 22, 2018

Good morning.  Today is a gray day with temps in the upper sixties.  Still, it's a nice day.  I'm not sure what Pogo and I will do today, but I'm sure we'll think of something. 

Gosh, I hope today is the day that the pain in the side of my neck goes away.  I know it is most likely related to my spinal problems so I don't worry about it, but it would be nice for it to disappear.  As long as I don't turn my face to look sideways, I'm okay. 

Pogo is getting real barky lately.  If there's no one outside to bark at, he waits for a bird or a squirrel to come into sight and barks at it.  Hmmm, he's asleep right now, curled up next to me on the sofa, so he just missed an excellent opportunity to bark at one of dwarfs who just drove into the driveway. 

I've been trying to put together a new yarn order, but it's difficult.  There are so many beautiful colors, and only so much time to play with them.  Today, I'll have to nail it down because I really do need the red and the white yarn.

Last night, I worked on the cranberry afghan for a while.  I have ten and a half more rows to go to finish it.  Woo Hoo!  Just one or two rows a night and it could be finished by the end of next week.  My new yarn could be here by then and I could start another dolly dress. 

Well, did any of you figure out what yesterday's photo was?  It was a photo I did a few years ago of water.  I put a vase in the sink and ran the water to fill it up.  Once it was full, I took photos of the bubbles flowing over the side of the vase.


See what I mean?  You can find beauty anywhere.  On the other hand, Nature has an endless supply of beauty.  Audrey and hubby Mac are vacationing with friends, way up in the Appalachian Mountains.  She sent me this photo that she took yesterday of the view from Skyline  Drive.  Wowsie, she is completely surrounded by Nature's beauty.


I remember once, when a friend and I were driving to Nashville, TN, and we stopped somewhere up in the mountains to take photos of the view.  It was simply breath taking. 

The mail just came, and the mailman had a box.  I thought it was my newest Blog Book, but it wasn't.  Boo Hoo.  Ah well, it will be here pretty soon because it has already been shipped.  The morning is slipping by now, so I guess I should get busy and do a few things around here. 

So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: