Monday, May 7, 2018

Got A Headache?

May 7, 2018

Good morning.  It's looking really pretty outside today.  It's a bit cooler, sixty degrees, but the sun is shining and there's a lovely breeze.  The end of my driveway is covered in little green leaf covers.  Tis the season!

Not much was happening yesterday, once I got my bearings about the day.  It's good to know that other folks have this problem every now and then too.  It has nothing to do with age.  It has happened to me in younger years too.  Ever go to sleep early, then wake and think it's already the next day?  You start rushing around to get dressed and ready to go wherever you were supposed to be the next morning, only to find that it's really only a few hours after you fell asleep.  Strange!

I've been reading a new book "150 Best All-Time Home Remedies" and thought I'd share a few of the ideas it has for getting rid of headaches.  Actually, this is a booklet that comes with the book "The New Healing Foods."

In ancient Greece, people pressed peppermint leaves against their temples to relieve headache pain.  You can save your leaves for tea, and just rub a 10%peppermint oil solution onto your forehead and temples instead, for the same effect.

You can soak a few thin potato slices in cold vinegar, tie a bandana around your head, and then tuck the potato slices into the bandana at your temples and forehead.  Leave it on for a few hours.  When you remove it, the potatoes will be hot and dry and your headache will be gone.

A drop or two of lavender essential oil massaged into your temples can help relieve a headache.  For sensitive skin, apply a thin layer of vegetable oil or lotion before using the essential oil.  Better yet, massage the lavender into the tender pad of muscle between your thumb and index finger - a pressure point for headaches.

Aren't you glad you stopped by today?  I have lots of these books.  I also have books full of strange information about all sorts of things.  If you enjoy learning like I do, then you would enjoy this type of books.  Even the useless, but entertaining, information is quite fun to learn about. 

Last night I finished the tissue dolly that I was working on and I took a photo to share.  This one has the Kitten and Rose Garden outfit.  The background is a paper from the Pink Paradox kit "Something About Spring."


The next dolly outfit will be light blue.  I started it last night.  I was hoping to do the patriotic outfit, but I couldn't find my white yarn.  Oh well, I can always use an excuse to buy more yarn.  hahaha.

I think it's time to do a bit of blog reading before heading to the kitchen to wash some dishes.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

gypsyrose said...

Luckily I dont get to many headaches, I dont fancy having vinagar soaked pototoes tied round my head lol the lavender would be ok.
Your dolls are so lovely its such a pretty pattern, hope your having a good day x