Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Tis A Lovely Day Today

May 29, 2018

Good morning.  Tis a beautiful sunny day with warmer temps (79F degrees).  I think later after lunch, Pogo and I might just go out and do a few errands.  Yesterday was rather quiet around here.  I didn't do very much other than relax and put a couple rows on the cranberry afghan.  I think there's only six and a half more rows to go till it is finished.

On Sunday, I did a couple loads of laundry.  It is all folded but I still have to put it away.  So, that is my first chore for today.  Plus I have dishes to wash.  But of course, there are dishes every day so that doesn't count.

One thing I did yesterday was to take a nap.  For some reason, I had a chill and just could not get warm.  So, I crawled beneath my blanket and had me a nice nap.  It did help, and I warmed up nicely.

Today I think I'll see if Deanne will take my President Trump chia plant home with her and try planting it.  My try did not go as well as I would have liked.  I finally had to scrape it clean and put everything back in the box. 

You know, when I was much younger, I could grow just about anything.  I had a house full of plants and a yard full of blooming flowers.  Then one day, my green thumb went to sleep and never woke up again.  Alas, my home was never full of beautiful plants again.  I do try, but success comes only once in a great while.  And usually only on one plant. 

Sometime today I will get rid of some more "toss and throw" stuff.  All the barrels are out front to be emptied when the trucks come by.  They are full to the top.  We really need a third barrel here, but we can't get one.  I guess we're lucky to have two of them.

I do have some photos to share today.  These first two photos are of my pink rose tree.  There are new buds all over it.  The last photo shows some of my Hosta.  You can even see some of the Lily Of The Valley that seems to grow rampant.




I ordered some Wondercide Flea and Tick Control spray and it came today.  I just want to make sure that Pogo doesn't have to worry about these things making him sick or uncomfortable.  I got a big bottle, so I can put some of it into another spray bottle to share with Sassy, Deanne's little doggie.

Now I think I should get busy doing something here before I get sidetracked.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

gypsyrose said...

Your pink rose is really beautiful love the colour hope it will keep blooming for a very long time x

Robyn said...

Your flowers are lovely.. I don't have much of a green thumb myself although I have managed to keep a plant my mom gave me 24 yrs ago alive so I guess that says something.. Can yo do a follow up post about the Wondercide for the fleas and ticks? I was thinking about ordering it but some were saying it wasn't so great. I'd love to know how it's working for you. Thanks so much! :)
Robyn