Tuesday, August 31, 2010

That Murphy Guy Needs To Take A Vacation!

August 31, 2010
*
Gosh, doesn't it seem like August just flew by? Things have been happening so fast here, that I've hardly had a chance to get acquainted with August, and it's all over already. I'm really hoping that these next few months slow down and let us all enjoy them as much as possible.

This morning, Tootsie and I went for her chemo treatment. One down, three more to go for this month. Wouldn't it be nice if a light came on at the end of the tunnel and she could stop these treatments and still be okay. I can dream, can't I?

Remember that guy Murphy who has this law about bad things constantly happening? Well, he got me again yesterday. When I was leaving work yesterday afternoon, I was greeted with a tire going flat. It wasn't quite flat yet, but I did not want to chance driving on it and ruining both the tire and the rim. So I called road service and waited almost an hour for them to come and put another tire on for me.

On our way home from the hospital this morning, I dropped the car off at the garage to have the tire fixed and get my new safety inspection sticker. Hopefully, they won't find any other problems with my car and I will get it back this afternoon in time to go back to the hospital.
*






While the Mrs. was having her breakfast yesterday, we were watching the birds outside her window and noticed something strange on a tree trunk. We couldn't really make out what it was, but it kept fluttering and moving a bit. We thought that possibly it was a butterfly so I tried to take a photo of it through the window. We were too far away from it so the photo wasn't very good.
*
I went outside to get a better shot of whatever it was, and to my surprise --- it was a leaf. It's torn edges were catching in the crevices on the tree trunk, making it look as though it were fluttering. Surprise, surprise.
*
That's it for today's news. There is a lot I need to do today, so it's time for me to get busy here. Don't forget the BIG blog train tomorrow. Till then, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: