Saturday, August 7, 2010

No More Night Prowlers

August 07, 2010
*
Gosh, what a gorgeous morning. It's a bit cooler and there is a lovely breeze. Oh yes, I can dig this!! There is no work crew this morning. They've all done a great job so far, and they deserve this great weather for the weekend.

You know, when you work on an old house, (and Rhoda - you're right, it's about 125 years old!) things never are very cut and dried. You start one job, and stumble across another more important job waiting to be done. This seems to be what is happening here.

My attic had a broken window, but we thought we would get to it when some of the other work was done. But oh no! The pane of glass came away from the frame with the help of a gentle breeze, making the window a priority.

So yesterday, Eddie went shopping to get me a new window. Then, he took out the old one and put in a beautiful new window, screen and all. The old one did not even have a screen. Gosh, it looks so nice now. Here's a new layout I made to show off the new window. (Please over look the blooper in it - no space between words on bottom left.)
*







This old house is starting to look a big brighter with it's new windows and the power wash and the new paint. I think Mr. B. would have been so pleased with it.
*
After that was done, Eddie then focused on closing up the entrance that our night pantry raiders were using. Tootsie and I have been woken up several nights by things going bump in the night in our pantry. But up until now, we have not been able to track these visitors down. Well, Eddie found their little hole in the wall, and fixed it up quite nicely. Oh wow! No night visitors last night!!
*
How about a couple of photos of the little birds that sit on the hedges just outside my living room window? I really do enjoy watching them. This little fellow is just landing on the hedge, and in the second photo, he is getting ready to go down inside the hedge for a bit of shade.
*
Well, that's it for this morning. Now it's time to start my day. Got things to do before I start my work weekend tonight. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Snowy said...

Is that a juniper hedge?? The needles certainly look like it could be juniper.Lol- your house is really starting to look a lot brighter -can't wait to get a full view -Hugs Snowy

Mary Ann Roesler said...

I just this minute finished the Memory Book for our 50th Class Reunion. Reen is still finishing a couple of pages but I am done 6 days before it has to be at the printers. The very 1st thing I am doing is catching up on your blogs. I have missed them so much, especially your bird photos. No one catches them in action with clarity like you do. I still have to number all the pages and copy to a DVD but that can wait until another day. Reen arrives on the 11th. Gene's dad is very weak and sleeps most of the time but is still with us and has no pain! What a blessing that is for us, that we don't have to watch him suffer.