Thursday, August 5, 2010

Peeking In To Say "Good Morning"

August 05, 2010
*
Good morning everybody. Oh boy, it's looking a bit gray outside my window this morning. Do you think maybe we could get that rain today? You know, the rain they told us was coming for yesterday? Yesterday was brutal!! Not only was it miserably hot, but the humidity was up in the "oppressive" levels. Gosh, I remember when summer used to be my favorite season. Ah, but that was long ago, and I was very young.

Yesterday was the day to work on fixing my pantry floor. Oh dear!! It's a good thing we did it then. When Eddie pulled up a couple of the old tiles, he discovered water. Too much to be left over from the bad leak last winter. So he tore up a bit more, and oh my!!!!! There was definitely new water there. So he went looking and found the faulty pipe.

Thank goodness my son in law is a plumber, as well as an electrician and a general construction fixer upper. Between Eddie and Bobby, that whole portion of the floor was dug up, the leak found and new pipe installed, and a temporary new floor put in place by the end of the day. Today, they will be back to finish up the new floor.

Moo and I never did make it out to shop for floor tiles, so I guess that will have to fit into today's schedule. It seems a bit silly to make a schedule, because most of the time we can't stick to them. Ah well, we do try.

I did make a couple of new layouts last night. The first layout speaks for itself. It's Eddie and Bobby (father and son) working on the pantry floor and making sure that there are no more faulty water pipes beneath it before they close it up.
*



My next layout is a bit different for me. I have a few colored bottles on my windowsill, and sometimes when the sun comes through, they look so pretty. These two little bottles were just asking to have their picture taken.
*
I have more birdie photos to share, but I will save them for another day. In a little while, I will have to be getting dressed and try to get a few of my errands done.
*
Before I do that, I do have one more photo to share. Yesterday morning, I heard a tiny pecking noise on my window and looked up to find this little kid peeking in at me to say "Good Morning." Isn't he just the sweetest little thing? Please don't mind the bird spitzle all over the window. It's time to clean the window again.
*
Now I really must get going here. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: