Saturday, August 14, 2010

Tax Free Shopping Today

August 14, 2010
*
Tis a glorious Saturday morning here in New England. I've put the laundry in the washing machine, and I'm having my morning coffee. In a couple of hours, I have to scrounge up the energy to go shopping. Today is tax-free shopping day, so it's a good day to buy new fencing.
*
Lately, I haven't been in a designing mood, but I did finish a layout for the color challenge at GDS. I used one of my little bird photos that I showed you previously. The kit I used was "Tuscan Days" by Helen Ehrenhofer, and the bow came from Elke Designs.
*



There isn't a lot happening here to talk about lately. The work on the house and yard is coming along. The house is looking a bit spiffy with it's new paint, and feeling pretty good with it's new pipes and all the holes patched. The critters will not have an easy time of coming in this winter. I guess they'll just have to move in with some of the neighbors instead.
*
I have a couple more photos from Florida to share with you this mornnig. This first one is a seagull. I enjoy photographing them as they are so willing to pose for you, and they are not a bit camera shy. This handsome fellow was perched on a walkway rail, just taking in all the sights.
*
This next photo was taken at quite a distance. I'm not sure what the bird is (maybe a commorant?), as it was too far away to tell. The bird was sitting on a "Go Slow" boating sign out in the water. It was such a pretty silhouette that I could not resist taking the photograph.
*
That's all my news for today. Tonight starts my work weekend. Got to earn a few more dollars to pay for that new fence!! lol. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: