Monday, February 10, 2020

Thank You, Kevin. You Are Awesome!

February 10, 2020

Good morning.  It's wet and gray and 39F degrees outside my door.  I may or may not go out to do an errand today  We'll see how it goes as the day goes by.  One thing I won't be doing is calling the computer store. 

Yesterday, my grandson Kevin came by and fixed the picture on my TV.  Next, he opened my little laptop and started fixing that too.  He got my email working, and then put some of my programs in for me.  When it was time for him to leave, he promised to come back another day and put a few more things in it for me.  Have I ever mentioned how awesome this young man is?  I am so blessed.

Here's a photo of Kevin working on my little laptop.  You'll have to excuse the yellow shading, it's from the table lamp. 


While Kevin was here, the mail carrier brought me a new book that I had ordered.  This one is called "My Windows 10 Tablet."  I like this book because it's very similar to the "Simplified" books.  Everything that is explained has a picture to show you what the author is talking about.



I've already looked up a couple things in this book.  So far, so good. Yup, I think I'm going to like this book.

Now all I have to do is call to reserve a rental car in Florida.  Then it will be time to start packing our suitcase.  Pogo's things are ready.  He just has to get his travel paper.  These three weeks are going to fly by. 

Today I will go through all of last year's receipts and get them all listed into columns.  Then I need to call my accountant and make an appointment to take everything to him once I get back from Florida.  If I get really rambunctious, (there's an old word you don't hear too often) I'll put this year's expenses in columns in my "tax" notebook.  We'll see. 

This morning I need to help Pogo get his valentines ready to mail.  They really are cute.  I remember Valentine's Day parties when I was in grammar school.  We would give valentines out to everyone and have cupcakes and candy. 

Another great book that I had ordered came yesterday too, but I'll save that for tomorrow's post.  Perry Mason is coming on in a few minutes and I'm planning on watching it.  I'm going to make a hot cup of coffee now.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Coffee and Perry Mason. That sounds so comforting. :)

So glad Kevin got your computer sorted out! Have you said where you'll be in Florida? That's my home state, so I'm curious!

Buttercup said...

Enjoying vanilla coffee and thinking about calling my accountant. You're way ahead of me. Have a great day.

Annsterw said...

So happy you have your very own technical support team! HA! I am that for my family a lot too! I am so excited for Florida!! Pleas post lots of warm pictures so I can live vicariously through you!!!!! HUGS - have a great day!

Theresa said...

What a wonderful, helpful Grandson. A blessing for sure❤️ Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

Steve Reed said...

In answer to your question -- I grew up near Tampa. :)

Kathy said...

Aren't kids wonderful? They are so much more tech savvy than we older folks are. So glad you got things fixed with your computer. Hard to believe it is almost time for you to go to Florida again. Time flies!

smiekeltje said...

Hoorray for the help Kevin gave you!!! It's an awesome guy!
So good of you to have worked considerable time on your tax stuff!
You'll be feeling so much lighter when all is at your accountant's!
Soon I will send my stuff to the accountant too.
And you had a great day with Deanne shopping for all kind of things. It makes a day so much nicer.
On to your next post, so see you there LOL
Hug
Kyra