Friday, August 13, 2010

Too Much Paperwork In Our Society!

August 13, 2010
*
Good Morning! It looks really lovely outside my window. I haven't been outdoors yet, but I'm sure it will be another toasty day! Sometime this morning, Moo and I have to go back to the court and sign another paper for Howie's guardianship. We probably depleted a small forest with the papers we already signed!!!
*
Moo came home yesterday afternoon in a rather good mood. I suppose putting on a good mood helps one get through the nasty parts of life. Things did not slow him down either, as he went about his business shopping and visiting with Howie. But last night, he was definitely slowing down a bit and looking a bit swollen in the test area. He is sleeping late this morning, so I shall go and check on him as soon as I leave this post.
*
Yesterday, Jasmine helped me with a lot of scanning I needed to do for my design projects. I asked her what she wanted to do after school was finished. Her answers were singing, cooking, or digging up fossil bones. Very ambitious!! I hope she realizes her dreams. She really is a sweetie!
*
This morning, I thought I would share photos from my "Florida Birds" collection that I took back in early March. I believe the bird shown here is a "Cowbird." If not, do let me know.
*





This little lady spent quite a long time searching for just the right things to use to build her nest.
*


Nothing escaped her sharp eyes. She even found goodies beneath the water, and went in after them.
*
The afternoon spent photographing Florida's birds was so very enjoyable. I hope to do it again next March.
*
Now I must get dressed and start on today's errands. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

*~Nightshadow~* said...

Hi There,

As a year-round Florida resident, I recognized your bird immediately. It's not a cowbird (beak is too long), rather, it's a femal grackle. The male is black with beautiful blue highlights in his feathers. We have them here in SW Florida in droves...

Btw, Love your blog. You take some wonderful photos.