Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Busy Day Shopping

August 15, 2010
*
Well, good morning. I just got home from work, and it's still quite nice outside. On my way home, I stopped at the store to pick up a couple of flash drives, but that particular item never came in to the store. I often wonder how the stores can advertise sale items that they don't even have. Beats me!!

So, did I go shopping yesterday for a new fence? Yessiree, I most certainly did. My son in law and grandson went with me, and we picked out all the new fencing and the new floor tiles for the laundry room and my pantry.

When we were done shopping, I rented a truck from the store to bring everything home. The truck rental was free because I used my store credit card, and I saved over a hundred dollars in taxes. Aside from being expensive, it was a good day.

Last night, I started working on the book cover challenge. I had to do a bit of research for this one because it has to be a story about Native Americans, and the story should sound authentic. The artwork is done, and now I have to come up with the story line.

I also dabbled a bit with the color challenge for this month. Hopefully, both challenges will be finished this week. After that, I really need to get busy sorting through my photos for next year's calendar.

The other day, I ordered a box from the cable company, so that I can watch the TV in my computer room. When the cable company switched to all digital, it meant that any TV not connected to cable would not work without this special little box. Now we just have to attach the little box to the TV, and my little TV should be working fine again.

This morning, I have some photos that I took in Florida of a Moorhen. It's a fascinating looking bird. Note the reddish-orange beak that seems to go right up it's forehead.
*



Now I think it's time for me to have a nap. Have to be bright eyed and bushy tailed to go back to work tonight. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Kyra said...

You had some busy days! Glad you found finally the fence for your garden. Now it has to be placed and then your house and the garden will look brilliant again! Shame only that it pulls out so much money of the wallet LOL. Still you did a good buy on this tax free day.
I am struggling with the colour challenge a bit of this month. Oh well, soon enough enough inspiration will pop up again and it will be finished in time.
We are now having a bit of a ball, listening to old tapes with all kind of songs of the 60's and 70's (most of them) Nice quiet Sunday afternoon!
Have a nice shift and lots of hugs/