Monday, April 12, 2021

What's Your Favorite Old Car?

April 12, 2021

Good morning.  The temp today is 46F degrees, the high for the day according to my phone app.  We'll have clouds and some sunshine.  Tomorrow's temps should be a few degrees warmer.  For some reason, I woke early this morning, and had my breakfast at 5 a.m.  Of course I was hungry again a little while ago.  But I keep popsicles in my freezer for just such times.  I just polished off a red one.  Yum!

My grocery order this week was rather large, so I split it in half.  Yesterday, the first half was delivered.  This morning, I placed the order for the other half of the grocery list.  It will be delivered tomorrow.  The only thing I couldn't put on the order was the Alka Seltzer.  That has to be picked up.  I'll see if Deanne can pick it up for me when she has time.

(I try not to order too many groceries at once because my breathing doesn't always allow me to put them all away.  The delivery is free.  It just costs an extra tip for the guy delivering.  Very reasonable.)

I do a lot of "Word Find" puzzles.  It keeps my brain functioning.  And it's fun.  One that I did this morning had a list of lots of cars that are not being manufactured anymore.  Most of these cars were very popular during my growing up (and living) years.  I wonder how many may have been some of your favorites.

AMC, DAEWOO, DESOTO, EDSEL, GEO, HUDSON, HUMMER (I thought this was still being manufactured), IMPERIAL, MERCURY, OLDSMOBILE, PACKARD, PLYMOUTH, PONTIAC, REO, SAAB, SATURN, SCION, STUDEBAKER and TUCKER.  

You know what is not on this list?  The NASH.  We had a Nash when I was just into my teens.  After the Nash, my Daddy bought a brand new Chevy.  It was tan and white.  Memories!

Here's an image that I borrowed from the web.  It's just a reminder not to mow down all the dandelions.  The bees need food and there might be bunny dens hidden beneath some of them.

That's all my news for today.  Before I go, let me leave you with another image that I borrowed from the web.  Here's hoping it gives you a nice warm giggle.

Now I'm off to do a bit of blog reading and whatever fun mischief I can dig up.  Till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Buttercup said...

The mosquito meme makes me laugh. So far it's too cold for those little biters. We had a Studebaker when I was little. I haven't thought about that car in years, but your post brought back memories of family rides. Keep cozy today.

smiekeltje said...

Sounds good idea to have your list in groceries split in two, as delivery is free.
Oh, I know some of the cars, my father's first car was a Citroen 2CV(here it was called with nickname Ugly Duck), and we were proud of it. Fastest it could go was around 80km/hour with wind in the bakc hahahaha. But we were able to go abroad with it and we sat dry. I loved the car.
It was light yellow with dark green covers on the seats.

This weekend I treated myself with two gardenmagazines, and I will read every letter of it and again and again. Love that.

I surely hope ou will take perhaps a little nap later in the afternoon, as you were up so early?
Have a lovely day,
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My first car was a Ford Falcon...stick shift of course! I loved it! Enjoy your day! Stay away from those 'skeeters'!

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Finally catching up on your blog. Glad you finally got your Dr.'s figured out. Gene and I both had 57 Chevies before we got married. His was Chartreuse and crème and my fathers was pink and white. Wish we still had them!