Thursday, April 22, 2021

It's Time To Clean Out The Freezer

April 22, 2021

Good morning.  Yesterday I took the day off from my laptop to just snooze and rest.  I find that one day a week I'm needing a day like this.  If it helps, then so be it.  Yesterday I also started taking a new pill.  In applesauce, because I don't swallow pills very well.  Deanne got us each a bottle of "Potassium Magnesium" capsules, and some applesauce for me.  Yum, yum.

Today's temps won't get much above the low forties so it's not a porch day.  I think I'll go through a bag of junk mail and then crochet for a while.  I want to call my cousin today too.  I haven't spoken with her in a few days and I need to make sure that she and her hubby are okay.  

I also want to place an order for frozen meals to be delivered maybe tomorrow.  I like to have these in my freezer for when I don't feel like cooking.  Actually, I just now took a break from typing and placed this frozen grocery order to be delivered tomorrow.  

I'm thinking that  sometime soon I should go through my big freezer and take out anything that's old or outdated.  I think I should do the same thing with the freezer on my refrigerator too.  Somehow, there always seem to be a few things that just do not get used.  It shouldn't be that way but it is.  

I  had an image to share with you but Blogger is not letting me upload anything today.  I'll try again tomorrow.  Maybe Blogger is working on some new changes. 

The kitchen sink is calling to me.  It has dishes in it that want to be washed.  After they are washed, I'm going to do a bit of blog reading.  This afternoon, I want to finish sewing the pockets on the other pocket wrap.  Then my projects will be done.  Except for the baby blankets of course.  Hmmm, now I have to think up some new projects.  Oh my, such a chore!  hahaha.

Now I'm off to see about those dishes.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Good morning Edna!..

It's cold here today too.. In the 40s and windy!... This is strange weather for my part of SC this time of year.. Went down in upper 30s last night and will again tonight. SO far my garden seems to handling it well... Then that's it.. We are up in the 70's the rest of the week and 80's next week....

I just cleaned out my fridge the other day.. Like you, there are some things that just don't get used and it really angers me.. I hate waste when it comes too food..

I have been working in an afghan for about 2 months now. I haven't had much time to sit and do it and when I do I'm usually so tired I dont' want too. I think I did so much crocheting for Christmas it burned me out a little bit. I did buy two embroidery projects though just need to find the time to start them..

I hope you have a productful yet restful day Edna XO

smiekeltje said...

A day a week to just nap around and doing almost nothing, it is a good thing and surely when ou feel it does you good.

Sometimes pills aren;t funny to take in because of their size. Some ou can break up but the capsule things of course not. Then apple sauce might be a good help hahahaha. Hop ethe new pill will do what it needs to and make you feel also better.

I know it about the freezer. Therealways seem to be things that aren't used anymore. Pity, but it is what it is. Just not long ago I cleared out the freezer and now , for the moment, there are things that will be used. Threw away some old things so all is okay for now.

Oh, big news! Jan and I are getting our first vaccine shot Monday. I was so happy with the letter and I made right away an appointment. Whooo, just hope I will have no side effects.
Next one will be in June.
It is a start, but still will wear my mask in shops and tram and bus and keep distance and wash hands and such. Better be careful.

Just wanted to share this news already now with yyou, I will, of course put it on my blog too Sunday.

Curious to read what you will take on as new crochet project. Such difficult decisions, hmmmmm???

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I cleaned out our fridge and freezer a couple of weeks ago. Defrosted it, too!

Suemn said...

I'm glad to hear that Deanne is taking good care of you. There were pills that we actually crushed with a pill crusher and put into applesauce for my mom to swallow. We always checked with the doctor to be sure it was okay to crush the pill because I think there are some pills they want you to take whole and not crush. For sure, my refrigerator needs a good cleaning. I'll add that to my "to do" list but it won't be at the top of the list:) Have a good day Edna!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It always amazes me the things I find when sorting through the freezer and fridge, Edna. We only have a single combo unit in the apt, and thank goodness. We bought a small freezer when we had our former home just to store the excess veggies grown in the garden, but no longer have a garden so no excess or freezer. I think a day of rest is a great idea.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I cleaned out my fridge upstairs. Now for the freezer, it is disasterous. HaHaHa....saving it for another day.

Be happy and enjoy your days.