Sunday, April 18, 2021

I'm On The Mend

April 18, 2021

Good morning.  Sorry I did not post on Friday, but I spent the morning getting ready for my doctor appointment.  Not breathing well meant that everything I did took much longer to do.  But it got done and my daughter Deanne got me to my appointment with my heart doctor.  It was a long afternoon, but we got a lot accomplished.

My doctor got me started back on my meds and made me an appointment with my new primary care doctor.  I will meet her next month.  He did some tests and now I'm wearing a heart monitor for the next two weeks.  I filled out a form and will mail it tomorrow to have all my medical records sent on to my new doctor.

I'm breathing much better now since I've lost a lot of the built up fluids in my body.  My heart is probably working better too.  I can now walk to the kitchen or bathroom and back to the sofa and still be breathing okay.  Awesome sauce!

Today I thought I'd share the photos that my hubby took of Marilyn Monroe when he was in Korea.  When my late mother in law was moving into a new condo, she was getting rid of lots of things, including a large box of photos.  I rescued as many of them as I could.  These three photos were in that box.  Sorry they are so scratchy.  My MIL did not take very good care of them.



I also realized lately that I forgot to post the April page from my calendar.  So I'm posting it today.

I've been so neglectful of my crochet projects and other things these past few weeks, but now I'm hoping to catch up with all of them.   Not all at once, but I'll get there.  Now, though, I'm going to enjoy some blog reading.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Glad all went weel with your appointment and getting also a new pimary care doctor. Curious how she will be.Yes, too much fluid in the body can make your breathing harder, so good for you you lost some. And you have a heart montor for two weeks now, gosh, your heart doctor really looks after you it seems, and he should!

It was a good thing you rescued a lot of photos, they are always great to look at.

Don;t worry about your crochet projects, sometimes it is even good to leave them aside for a moment and then you enjoy it more doing it again.

Enjoy all the things you re-start again, hahaha, and have a wonderful week.
Hugs
Kyra

Theresa said...

Glad you are better, keep on keepin' on! That's what we have to do, me too! Enjoy your day and take a rest when you can! HUGS!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you feel better now and get back to doing things you enjoy. Those photos are amazing! I'm so glad you have them! What a beauty she was and how great the way she entertained the troops!

Beth Reed said...

I am really glad that you seen your heart doctor and are wearing the "King Of Hearts" as they use to call the heart monitors and I really hope that they have improved and are not as big and bulky as they use to be.

Oh I meant to tell you in your last post that the Do Not Shut Your Computer Off means that it is updating important updates and it can take a long time depending upon how long it has been since it was able to update. One of the worse things that a person can do is to shut their computer off after using it everyday is because if the computer is scheduled to do an update it can't if it is off and then that is when you will get the random updates.
I hope that makes sense but in your settings there is a place where you can choose the day and time for the updates. I will help you with it when you are feeling better.
I am so glad that you have a new primary care doctor. I met mine last week and I really liked him a lot. I see him again this Tuesday about my hand. It is not much better and it is hard hard hard trying to type with this heavy brace I am having to wear. I just peck along mostly with one hand and two fingers and then go back and try to correct all my misspellings. Take care, xoxoxo love, Beth

Sue said...

Hi Edna, happy all went well with the dr.'s appt. hope all goes well with the new dr.My dh and I recently changed our primary care dr! We are not to happy with him, hope you have much success!.
After you feel better you will be able to get back to your crocheting, and normal routine.
So nice to visit again, I have been away for a few months.
Blessings,
Sue

Suemn said...

I'm so glad your doctor was able to help you feel better with prescribing the right medication. Your husband took some terrific pictures of Marilyn Monroe.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Edna, never be concerned about posting because blog friends know that life takes priority, and more important that you kept those medical appointments. Blogger friends will always be around and relieved, like myself, to read that you are feeling better. Hope the heart monitor reveals anything that needs to be corrected.
Those photos of Marilyn Monroe with the troops were great to see. You husband did a good job and despite the scratches you were concerned about, they were a great look back into history.