Friday, April 2, 2021

Free Breakfast?

April 2, 2021

Good morning.  I just went out to get my mail and found a breakfast delivery from  McDonalds (delivered by Uber) on my door step.  I called McDonalds but they said I would have to call Uber.  They only send the food out.  They don't have control over what happens to it.  Unfortunately, I looked up the Uber Eats number and have to download an app to get a number to call.  I'm not putting anymore apps on my phone.  So I guess whoever ordered the food will have to call and re-order.

Today is nice, but cool.  Too cool to sit out on the porch.  Sunny and thirty three degrees.  Hopefully though, temps will be getting warmer after today.  Gosh, I hope Sunday is warm enough for all the little kids to go egg hunting.   

I remember Easter Sunday from when I was very young.  Everyone would be dressed in their finest clothes and after church would go to downtown Quincy Square.  We would walk from one end of the square to the other and back, meeting up with folks and visiting with friends that we hadn't seen in a while.  Life was so much simpler then.

Today I have another photo of the Muscovy ducks at our park.  Deanne found a pair of them grooming and stopped to take a photo.  They are very unusual looking ducks, and I find them quite beautiful.

There's not much news today so I'm off now to read some blogs.  Till Sunday, Y'all stay safe and have a Blessed Easter.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hmmm, a breakfast on your doorstep? Or somebody wanted you to have a surprise, or order and delivery went all wrong. Strange that McDonalds couldn't give you any information. And yes, to download another app on our phone, just to get the Uber telephone numer is a bit too daft. Did you had the breakfast after all, or wasnt it good to eat anymore?

It's getting colder here, today it wasn;t very nice anymore and next week it will be even coler, with only 6C and cold wind and may be even some snow or hail! Brrr.

Those ducks are beautiful.

Yes, Eastern in my youth also was a special day, and we were also dressed at our best and had breakfast with family and sometimes some friends(that even could have been at night, because we went to church at midnight).

Have a wonderful and blessed Easter!
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

Maybe someone sent you breakfast as a gift? I hope you were able to enjoy it, anyway! If it wasn't meant for you, I'm sure whoever ordered it got a replacement.

Buttercup said...

It was back to winter today. I've gotten used to sitting outside for coffee and not needing heaters, but today was a day for a heater and it was still cold. I dug out my gloves and heavier winter coat. Ugh! Did get my walk in and enjoyed the sunshine. Take care!

Suemn said...

I hope you ate the McDonalds breakfast:)

Kathy said...

I remember Easters when I was a child where we would always be dressed up with new patten leather shoes and a pretty hat. White gloves too. And there was always a "piece" to say in a Sunday School program. Thanks for the nice memory.

I hope you enjoyed your free breakfast and that the person who actually ordered it got theirs.

Have a wonderful Easter tomorrow.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope the breakfast was enjoyable, Edna. I know what you mean about not wanting any more apps, free or not. Sending best wishes to you for a very Happy 🐰🐣Easter.

Anne M Robinson said...

Love your ducks! If people order through Uber the food vendor only sees the order not the personal address and name info. :-) I liked life best when it is simple. Sigh.....