Wednesday, April 28, 2021

It's Back To The Sixties!

April 28, 2021

Good morning.  Tis wet and gray here.  According to my phone app, we have five days of the wet stuff coming our way.  Heavy intensity rain, moderate rain, moderate rain, light rain, light rain, and finally, overcast clouds for the sixth day.  I guess Mother Nature is trying to get all her April showers in before we run out of April.

Remember that tie dye party that Deanne had the other night?  Well, she made something for me that night and she gave it to me yesterday.  Woo Hoo!   It's a beautiful sweatshirt jacket.  She also brought all the fixings for us to have a "Sixties Moment."   Here's a couple photos from yesterday.  (The colors on my jacket are a lot brighter than they are showing here.)


Did we have fun?  You betcha!  And I love my new sweatshirt jacket.  Thank you Deanne.  Every time I look at my new jacket, I smile again.   (By the way, Deanne is my middle child.)

Yesterday I started on the a pocket wrap using the Luffa yarn.  Oh my, is it ever pretty!  I think I might make the pockets with a deeper olive green yarn, and this one will be for cousin Anita's hubby Ray.  I still haven't decided on a color for Anita's wrap.  I'm thinking maybe a light orchid?  Or a pretty pink?

I took a photo of the end of the skein of yarn to show you one reason why I really like Herrschner's yarn.  There's no problem finding the starting end of the yarn.  There is a tab on it to make it easy to find.  

With all the rain coming in the next few days, I should be able to finish the yellow baby blanket.  Then I will see about deciding on a color for another pocket wrap and maybe work on two at the same time.  

I got a text message a couple days ago from my great grandson Jack Jack.  He got a job and he sent me a photo of him standing outside his workplace.  (and next to his car that he got for his sixteenth birthday)  I'm so very proud of you Jack Jack, and I know you'll be great at your new job.  

So, that's my news for today.  Now I'm off to make some breakfast and do a bit of blog reading.  Till the next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

8 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh Edna,what a crazy, but wonderful gift and idea of Deanne. Can imagine you had a good laugh and that it appears again on your face, thinking back of it. I saved the photo close-up of you and Deanne on my computer!

Congrats to Jack-Jack with his job.

That wrap will look beautiful and I think it's a good idea for the pockets, making them in an olive green.

Have a lovely day, stay safe,
Hugs
Kyra

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful for Jack! I'm wishing him the best! And look at you and Deanne! How cute are you both! I LOVE it! I was hoping she would model her shirt but I didn't know you would have tie dye to model too! I LOVE IT! What fun! I want to play!

Robyn said...

What an awesome sweatshirt!! Looks like you had fun!.. I can tell Deanne is your daughter she looks just like you.... I LOVE Herschners yarn for the very same reason. I am making an afghan for my bed right now using their yarn... I think I'm going to attempt a pocket shawl soon because I REALLY liked how yours came out! Have a wonderful day Edna!

Quiltingwiththefarmerswife said...

A tie dye party sounds like fun and your picture proved it. Love both your shirts. The glasses and head bands really amp things up.....so cute and fun. Patty McDonald

Steve Reed said...

Love your groovy '60s outfits! And that's great news about your grandson. We're getting rain too!

Suemn said...

What a fun memory. Can I say Deanne and you are looking oh so cool? Deanne even brought you the Peace necklace to wear, flower headband and the glasses:) I really love the colors of the tie dye jacket that Deanne made for you too. Peace to you my friend!

Theresa said...

Love tie dye, you 60s ladies looks marvelous! The weather here has been very nice, a day of rain is in the forecast. Enjoy your evening dear friend! HUGS!

savannah said...

Miss Edna,your so blessed to have such a wonderful daughter. I love the jacket she made!