Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Fabulous Marilyn Monroe

April 15, 2021

Good morning.  Today is gray and a great day for napping.   Sleep wasn't so good during the night, so maybe I can play catch up during the day.  For years, I worked the 7 p.m. to 7 a,m, shift, so maybe that's why I have so much trouble trying to sleep through the night.  

I was browsing the web and I came across this photo of Marilyn Monroe entertaining the troops in Korea in 1954.  I borrowed it to share here because my hubby was somewhere in that group of soldiers.  He took photos of Marilyn with his camera and sent them home.  

Lately my cell phone has been doing something new.  It tracks how much time I spend on my phone, and where I spend that time.  I don't really like this.  I find it intrusive on my personal being.  How about any of you?  Does your phone do this too?

Today, Deanne gets her second vaccine shot.  My cousin Anita and her hubby got their second shots yesterday.  We're all doing our part to help get America vaccinated against this wicked virus.

There's really not much news to share today so I think I'll just go on ahead and do some blog reading.  Till the next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs. Edna B.


6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Must touch your heart knowing your hubby is on that photo!
Was he on the front line of the troops watching and listening to Marylin, must have been, when he made some photos. would it be possible to zoom in enough to recognize him?

My Jan also worked a lot of night shifts, so also still has trouble sleeping at night.

What great news that deanne got her second vaccin shot! Oh, I wished we could be vaccinated too or real soon but all is going very slow here.

Today Jan and I worked a bit in the garden, it was just good enough, nice there was some sun. We filled two long containers with some happy plants in bloom. Now it is already lovely to look through the window and see flowering plants in lots of colors.

You have a lovely day, still be careful and stay safe!
Hugs
Kyra

Kathy said...

My husband worked the night shift for over 20 years and he has the same problem as you do sleeping all night. The other day he went to bed at 5:30 a.m.! My phone doesn't track what I do. Or maybe it does and I don't know about it. I wouldn't like that either. Hope you have a good day today.

Theresa said...

Love that picture, what a special crowd! The weather is cool here this morning and cloudy. We are vaccinated with both shots and I couldn't be more thankful. Enjoy your day dear friend, catch a nap when you can! HUGS!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Today is a terrible day weather-wise with snow and rain and it is a perfect day to be inside. Hope that you had a good day, Edna. I liked Marilyn Monroe and have always enjoyed her comedic movies, especially "Some Like It Hot." She was much more intelligent than people believed at the time.

Robyn said...

Hi Edna,

yes my phone tracks how much time I spend on Social media and I hate it so I deleted all social media off my phone....

Ahh Marilyn... You know every time I see a photo of her or catch and old movie of hers I feel so badly for her. Such a tragic life that beautiful young woman had.. Her worst mistake was ever going to hollywood....It had ruined more than one small town girl and still does..

Hope you are having a nice weekend...

Steve Reed said...

Ever since I updated my computer I get that report from my laptop -- a "screen time" advisory. It doesn't bother me but I never asked for it!

Do you have your husband's photos of Marilyn? I'd love to see them! Was he close to the stage? Imagine seeing someone in person who went on to become such a tragic legend.