Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Oooh, Skinny Me!

April 20, 2021

Good morning.  Don't let the title of this post fool you.  I'm no where near skinny!  But when my scale says that I've lost nine pounds since Friday, I feel skinny!  Now if only I could figure out how to get the scale to keep losing pounds for me that would be so nice. Actually, it's the medicine doing its job.  Getting rid of fluid and making it easier to breathe.  

Yesterday I worked on my crochet projects for a while.  I got the pockets sewn on to one of the pocket wraps.  One more to go.  And I put a few rows on the yellow baby blanket.  Baby steps, but I'm slowly getting back into things.  

While I was looking through an old photo folder, I found a photo that I had wanted to post for Easter.  The photo was taken in the early sixties on Easter Sunday.  This is Audrey and Kerri, (my two oldest)  and we were visiting with my in-laws.

Our trees are finally all turning green.  There are so many beautiful different shades of green.  The other day I took a couple photos while I was waiting in the parking lot (in my car) at WalMart while Deanne went inside to pick up some things.  This was the one tree that I thought was most interesting.

The wind was blowing, and the tree just seemed to move ever so gracefully.  Sort of like a green fan dance.  This tree definitely looks happy.

Temps are supposed to warm up nicely today so I may get to sit out on my porch for a while this afternoon.  That will be a really nice treat.  I may even enjoy my lunch out there.  

That's about all the news I have for today.  Now I'm off to do some blog reading before getting started on this new day.  So, till next time, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

smiekeltje said...

That's a good thing that the meds work your loosing some fluid. Retaining too much isn;t good for a lot of things. Now just keep an eye on it that you don;t loose too much either.
Jan has also that kind of neds and keeps track of his weight too every few days.

Lovely that you could go out for a moment with Deanne, even if it was just too Wallmart. It just makes a change in daily things.
Today it is a lovely day here, very mild weather, I enjoyed some time in the sun this morning, in one or two days it will be much colder again.

Now a moment of reading some gardening tips and perhaps a little game before making our dinner.
Have a fantastic day,
Hug
Kyra

Robyn said...

Morning Edna,

So glad to read the medicine is working and helping you breath better. Are you feeling better?

Oh would you look at that photo... When little girls were dressed so pretty and look at those shoes! I miss days like this...People don't seem to dress up their little girls anymore like this.. Maybe that's part of what's wrong these days?

Sounds like a nice idea to eat lunch on the porch.. The weather here in SC is nice too today.. Little overcast we are supposed to get rain tomorrow but the sun is out, it's in the 60's and there's a slight breeze every once in a while. My kind of day and I am enjoying them because before I know it the hot unable to breath outside heat and humidity will be moving in..

Have a beautiful and blessed day to day Edna!

Suemn said...

wow! Losing 9 pounds since Friday is amazing. You sure must have been feeling really bad with such a fluid buildup. Your two daughters were adorable weren't they? I remember at Easter, everyone used to get new Easter outfits. It was such fun picking out new dresses for Easter.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read that the meds are helping, Edna, and that surprise on the scale was a great “side effect” unlike some of the dreadful ones I hear or read about. That tree was certainly doing a happy dance, like most of us, to welcome warmer weather. Hope you enjoy lunch on the porch.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I always fail to mention, you share the best of things. Always a happy place to be. Tahnk you