Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Very Pretty Morning

December 19, 2010
*
Well, it's a good morning so far. (No snow!! Yet!!) Yes, it's cold, but the dreaded snow storm is not coming. Now they say we will have snow on Tuesday and Wednesday, but hopefully it won't be tons of snow. I really don't care about a white Christmas. A balmy breeze and temps around 78 F would do me just fine. Yeah, I know. I'm a spoilsport.
*
This morning, my car was covered in frost. And, the sky was not looking so great. Lots of dark clouds instead of a peachy golden glow. Thank goodness I took a couple of photos, because in just fifteen minutes we had a whole new sky. Here are a few of what I took this morning on the way home from work.
*
This first photo was taken just before I left work. (10 minutes after I started the engine to melt the frost.) The clouds had gone from dark gray to a dark navy-gray.
*



About ten minutes later when I got to the pharmacy, there were some holes in the clouds with specks of pink surprises starting to peek through.
*
When I came out of the store, there was a beautiful blue sky with fluffy white clouds chasing away all the dark gray clouds.
*
And, as I was leaving the parking lot, I just had to stop and take one more photo. Just ahead of me there was a tree silhouetted against a very pretty fluffy sky. Such a beauty! I just have to share it with you.
*
Considering how dark the sky was when I first came out this morning to start my car, this last photo was an absolute delight. Especially with the tree's feathery form. Yup, it's a good morning here in my little part of New England.
*
On this note, I will leave you and go make myself a cup of coffee. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: