Monday, December 27, 2010

My Yard Is A Winter Wonderland

December 27, 2010
*
Ye gads! The world outside my door is WHITE, WHITE, WHITE!!! It's been snowing since 8 am yesterday morning. And it is still snowing, though lightly. Joe shovelled right up until 11 pm last night, and this morning we had another foot of the stuff.
*
Yes, it is very beautiful. But now it needs to go away. I got my photos, and now I just want it to disappear. When I opened my door this morning, it made snow angels in the snow on my steps. Yup, it's up over my door jamb. Sometime before this day and night is over, my plow guy will be here to move the bulk of it somewhere. The guys have been shovelling out their cars, and around the doors to the house, but there is an awful lot of the stuff out there!!
*
A lot of folks have lost their power, but so far we still have ours. We have lost the cable to the TV, but we still have electricity, phone and internet. We are very lucky so far. The city plows have been busy since yesterday, and have managed to block the entrance to my yard quite nicely. We are not going anywhere too soon.
*
Here are some photos that I took this morning. This first photo is my red Japanese Maple tree. I have to admit, it really is beautiful.
*
And here is a close up of that big branch that is hanging the snow. The tips of the branches are buried.
*
This next shot is a lovely shrub that grows along the side of the entrance to my yard. This morning it looks like a fairy bush.
*
I took a photo of the street so that you could see how deep the snow is at the entrance to my yard. There's at least three feet of snow there. Makes you want to run right out and shovel!!! I don't think so!!!
*
The last photo for today shows what it looks like right outside my door, after Joe shovelled off the steps of course.
*
Okay, that's it for photos this morning. I want to finish up this post while we still have internet access. God willing, I'll be back tomorrow. Till then, Y'all stay warm and have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

That's a LOT of snow you have overthere! Yeah admit, it looks beautiful. But I feel the same as you, While it still is fresh and beautiful, okay, we are courageous enough to go out and make some lovely pictures of it. When we have made tem, we LOVE to say:
SNOW GO AWAY! Wish that would work LOL!
Hopefully you will stay with electricity and internet and such! And that cable tv comes back too!
If not really necessary you stay inside! And otherwise: take GOOD care be carefull!
Hugs
Kyra