Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Here We Go Again With The Cable Man

December 15, 2010
*
Oh gosh! Do you realize that in ten days, it will be Christmas? Just ten little tiny days!!!!! You know the old saying "So much to do, So little time"? Yup, that's me. But I have to admit it's my own fault. I'm a procrastinator. As I got older, I took up an "If you can put it off till tomorrow, do it!" attitude.
*
Yeah, I know, this is not a good way to go, but somehow when I slowed down, my priorities got a bit mixed up too. Since reaching that "senior" level in time, I've learned about picking my battles. It's a good way to keep one's blood pressure down.
*
Of course, today's battle is one that needs to be addressed. The dratted cable repairman is coming back out again to fix what he could not fix the last time he was here. His last visit, he couldn't find the problem, so he wrote on his work slip "equipment working fine, customer just does not know how to use it." Of all the nerve!!!!!!! And to make matters worse, because he said there was nothing wrong, I got billed $30 for the visit!!!
*
I don't think I need to tell you about my excited phone call yesterday to the cable company when I received my bill. I went round and round with the customer service, then finally asked for a supervisor. She finally agreed to take the charge off my bill, but I'll bet she puts it right back on after today's visit. They don't like it when they are wrong.
*
Yesterday, Tootsie and I stopped by the post office and mailed out the last of my holiday boxes and packages. Now I just have to wrap a couple of gifts, shop for the dwarfs, and make a fruit basket. Then I have to write a letter to my neighbor. He insists on piling junk on my property against my fence, and I do not appreciate it. I took photos of it and I shall include one in his letter asking him to remove the stuff. I know it won't do me much good, but I will try.
*
Today's photo is one I took of Tootsie. She is watching me set up the tree and making sure that I don't cover up all her goodies that she has hidden here and there.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Now, I have to go. The cable guy is at my door. Here's hoping he fixes the problem. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a great day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Hahaha, I would have loved to hear your conversation by phone with the cable company!
May be they got the message and won;t charge you for the second visit!
Have a fantastic day, hope the guy can fix the cable.
Hugs
Kyra