Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ye Gads, Boatloads Of Snow Coming!!!

December 26, 2010
*
Good morning. It's only 5:15 am, and still quite dark outside. Tootsie and I are at work, and will be going home in a couple of hours. Today, we have tons and tons of snow coming!!! And it is supposed to keep right on coming all through the night and tomorrow. Oh bless me, I am so excited I could barf!!!
*
I don't mind a few sprinkles of the white stuff, but c'mon now! A foot or more is just not fun at all. My yard is huge and shoveling is a daunting job. This time, I will have to wait till the snow plow has time to come and plow the whole yard. He will have to plow 2 or 3 times over the course of the snow storm.
*
Did you all have a wonderful Christmas? Gosh, Tootsie and I had a fantastic day!! I got lots of nice presents, and Miss Tootsie made out like a bandit. She got all sorts of treats, a new mat for her food dish, toys and a new sweater. Ever heard of "Bow Wow Beanies"? They are beanie babies made especially for doggies. Santa brought two of these for Tootsie. Woodstock and Snoopy (I think that's his name).
*
Before I took these next two photos, the container of gourmet cookies and the toys were all in the center of her new mat, and Snoopy was over to the right of the mat. By the time I got the camera out, Tootsie had moved everything over closer to her bed. That way, she could just sit in her bed and be able to reach out and touch everything. Smart doggie!!
*


In this photo, you can see how she even got Snoopy, and moved him right over next to her cookies. This makes it easier for her to keep an eye on him!
*
After all our presents were opened, Tootsie and I went back to bed for a little nap. Then I cooked Christmas dinner for us and three of the dwarfs. My daughter Dee Dee had already cooked the meat and the gravy for me, so the rest of the meal was a breeze. And oh so YUMMY! Roast pork, gravy, mashed potatoes, squash, corn, cranberry sauce, corn bread, and cookies, cookies, cookies!!
*
Now it's time to start the treasure hunt all over again for next Christmas. I will start now looking for special goodies for everyone. And not to forget, I need to get out and take new photos for the 2012 calendar.
*
I think I'll make me a cup of coffee now, and check on the weather station again for an update on the storm. Y'all stay warm, and have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

kyra said...

Oh whee, you should be excited, MORE SNOW!!!! LOL!
At the moment it looks rather nice here, even some blue sky and sunshine! And I see the snow melting in the garden and on the street! Cannot go away quickly enough for me!!! Our pets are smart hey???
Come home safe and stay warm!
Hugs
Kyra