Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh You Great Big Beautiful Moon!!

December 2, 2009

Oh boy, the sun is shining already, so let's hope it will stay that way for a few more hours. This morning I have to go out and do some errands. My daughter-in-law, Janet, is coming over and we shall get into mischief together. It is so much more fun to shop when you have a partner in crime.

Plus, today some of my packages should start arriving. I hope so because I need to get them wrapped. Some even have to be put in a box and shipped somewhere else. Mostly, I'm anxious to see all the goodies that I bought on-line.

Yesterday afternoon, Miss Audrey called me to say thank you for her gift. It was a set of colorful crystal chickens. For some time now, she has wanted to build a coop and raise a few chickens, but has not had the opportunity to do so. So, instead, I find her a few beautiful collector chickens to enjoy. I hope they bring you much pleasure Audrey.

Now let me tell you about that big ole gorgeous moon that we had here last night. Moo came running in after supper to tell me to grab my camera and go out in the yard to photograph this beautiful full moon. I did just that, and oh my, the sky was clear as can be, and there it was! Just sitting there posing and winking at us.

Of course, I took a few photos, and promptly came right in to scrap one. Well, not quite scrap, but I did crop it and give it a name. What do you think? Is this not a gorgeous moon? I used my new Image Stabilized zoom lens to take the pictures.


Wow, now I am impressed with my new lens. I have been trying for quite some time to take pictures of the moon, but my hands are not quite so steady anymore, so my moon shots don't always come out good. This one though, is a beauty, I think.
*
Before I go dashing out into the world of shoppers, I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful comments you have been leaving lately. They make my heart smile, and I really do appreciate them very much. Now I must get dressed and start my day. Y'all have a marvelous day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Snowy said...

Wow - that picture of the moon is amazing- we also had a look at the moon last night,lol-at almost 1.30 am I ran out of cigarettes becuse Shaun asked to borrow some. So we went out for a walk,lol-I know ,it's mad , but it was a beautiful night. I love going out in the dark.Good luck for your heavy duty shopping and have fun-Rofl
Hugs Snowy

Nani said...

It's a beautiful moon allright, WOW! It reminds me how badly I need to replace my old camera!

We weren't so lucky with the clear weater today and I guess that means it's very well coming your way. It was gray all day and I drove home form the Motherland in the rain and dark, yuck!

Hope it stayed nice for your shopping

Mary Ann Roesler said...

What new lens...holding out on me?!! That beautiful moon was just hanging over Wisconsin about 5 PM before the clouds came out. I didn't make it home in time to catch it on my camera. Your's is awesome. Just caught up on 1 weeks of Miss Edna...still having computer problems. We are on plan D! The power source wasn't the problem. Have a new one but didn't need it. No sense in taking it out however. Next going to try Plan E! Jim is buffoloed! Do you know what a week without Miss Edna is....boring! Take care friend. Mary Ann