Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Looking For A Nice Cozy Cave

May 12, 2009

Day 2 on the chemo and this morning it didn't sit too well with Tootsie. Poor little thing had an accident all over the place. Needless to say, I am exhausted already from cleaning, and she has been scrubbed from top to bottom. This is when I could wish for a newer, stronger body. Aren't you glad you dropped in?

The word "housework" is taking on a new meaning for me. It's a form of torture. At the end of the day, I realize that it's time to make a big decision. Either hire someone else to come in and do it, or find a nice cozy cave to live in. One that doesn't need anything other than an occasional sweeping. Gosh, that sounds good to me - the cave part.

Today, we tackle another room. Oh goodie, oh goodie. I can't wait. Sometimes, in our grief, we turn our back on things that need doing. Like, I ignored all the stuff that hubby and I collected, saved, or just kept for whatever reason. Just push it to the back of the room, and then you don't have to deal with it. When the day comes that you are finally ready to finish going through it and getting rid of years of stuff, it's a "wow" day.

Wow! Where did all this come from? Do I really need to save it, or do I just start over? Believe me, it's not fun, but it must be done. Time to get up and go again. So. even though today is another broken back and sore feet day, I look forward to the end of it when I can start over.

Before I leave to get started, I want to share a photo of Miss Audrey and her award winning doe. You know, sometimes you just get lucky at a rummage sale. I did. Now I'm off to start my new start. Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

"Third Place Ribbon" Amateur Division



1 comment:

Snowy said...

Lol-I would offer you my cave , but it's not looking much different in the moment -I'm still sorting out as well. Poor Tootsie -give her a Greenie,lol.
That doe looks great -although I still can't help feeling sorry for the poor thing and I'd rather see it alive.But well done, Audrey !
Hugs Snowy