Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day

May 1, 2013

Good morning, and Happy May Day.  As a child, I used to make May baskets that we delivered to shut ins and older folks.  You could also give them to your friends.  So for all of you out there, here's a May Basket for you.  (courtesy of Dover clipart)


Well, today the hubbub is over, and things are quiet again.  Pogo and I will go outside in a little while and pick up all the deflated balloons.  They were so pretty, but they don't last very long.  Yesterday, more than half of them had lost most of their air.  Ah well, we'll  get some more next year.

Today I'll also post a new calendar page from my 2013 calendar.  This is May.


Mothers Day is less than two weeks away.   This month, we also have Cinco de Mayo, Victoria Day (Canada) and Memorial Day.  A busy month for some of us.  I'll try to make some scraps or quick pages for your photo memories.

I need to get busy here soon and start the laundry.  Janet will be coming by this afternoon, and I want to have all my time to sit and visit with her.  I haven't decided yet on what we will have for supper.  There's a DiGiourno pizza in the freezer, or we could have hamburgers with baked potatoes and veggies.  I'll wait and ask Janet what she would like.

I also need to start playing "catch up" on my photo classes.  I got so far behind and now it's not fun catching up.  Actually, I did a few lessons, but got hung up on one at the beginning.  I can't post any of the ones that I did do until the first one is completed.  Perhaps I will work on this tonight.  We'll see.

Enough of my chit chat.  It's time to get dressed and start this new day.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have as fantabulous day.  (Yes, Nani, I am in a fabulous mood and I hope your day is super too!)

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Nani said...

Aw! ((hugs)) It's important, Edna, I want all of my people to always be in a fabulous mood! :)

I read but then got distracted yesterday before I commented. Sorry! I loved Pogo's cakes, even if he inadvertently over-shared. Kaline does that with her birthday cake too; Carla really likes to celebrate.

His birthday card is adorable!

Thank you for the reminder to flip my calendar page! How are DiGiourno pizzas? I usually get the fat free pizzas, but I like a regular pizza now and then. David doesn't eat pizza (I know, who doesn't eat pizza, right?)so I don't buy pizzas too often.

I'm going to be out in the glorious sunshine today (except for the movie time) so I'm going to have the fantabulous day that I hope continues for you too!

Hugs, Nani

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your mood is contageous ... makes me feel good all over.
We had another beautiful day ... a little too warm, but bright and sunshiny. Tonight Izzi has skills class which we really love so it is a good day.

Like you, my sister and I made May Baskets (with my mother's help) and went all around the neighborhood and hung them on the doors. It was fun when someone would catch us and be so kind and thankful ... I wonder if those days are really gone ... oh my!

It is late in the day ... I have been working in my yard and this morning Izzi went in to have a bath and trim. I had them rake the undercoat out as much as possible to help Izzi tolerate the heat. She is already cutting her Frisbee games short because she doesn't like being hot. Hopefully the raking will help. Tomorrow we are supposed to be back in the 50's or maybe even 40's. Izzi won't mind that and neither will I ... they may be getting snow in Minnesota ... good grief! I'll settle for 50's and sunshine. Well, better get going. I need to fix dinner a little early so I can eat before we go to class. Have a nice evening, Edna and Pogo ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks for the May Day basket. I remember those days! Glad you are in a fabulous mood. Lovely Calendar page for May too. One important date for May that you forgot.....my birthday! ROFL! Both my sister and I have birthdays this month and lots more of my friends, so I have a lot of cards to address and get in the mail! Where does time go? Surely seems to fly around here lately! LOL!
Have a fabulous time with Janet and enjoy your supper! hugs for you and Pogo! Mat

smiekeltje said...

All back to "normal"isn;t it, after Pogo's party ? LOL.
That's the only misfortune about paries, the mess to clean up afterwards!
But as long as it's only some deflated balloons, you are lucky!
ice that Janet will come later today.
Wishing you a happy day.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I have fond memories of the May Day tradition. My former neighbor would hand make these and leave them on my door handle. It's sad to lose these old traditions. Maybe I need to start doing something like this in campgrounds...I'll probably be arrested as a stalker.