Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Some Babies Were Born

May 21, 2013

Oh my goodness folks, some of the swan babies have been born (probably all of them by now) and they are so so precious.   I stayed in bed all of yesterday, but Dee Dee called in the afternoon to say that their were some babies born. 

Well, you know me, I just had to put some clothes on and get me to the pond.  I waited close to supper time hoping that most of the heavy people watching traffic had gone home to eat.  I even left Pogo at home with Joe so that I did not have to hurry. 

There were three babies and two eggs.  Oh boy, oh boy!  I stood by the fence and took photos till my legs finally cried out for me to get off them.  Gosh, the babies were just adorable!!  I was hoping to go back early this morning, but I am really stuffed up with this cold.  Maybe later today, we'll see.

I have some photos to share.  These are the two youngest hatched so far.  Mom is busy trying to keep them in the nest as long as she can.


This is the oldest born who is having himself a blast swimming in the water, and giving his Mom new worries.


One lady watcher suggested we try to photograph the swans with their heads together making a heart shape.  I really tried, but this was one of my best shots.


I did take a fairly good movie, but alas, I do not know how to put it here on the blog.  Sorry.  I'll have to put that on my list of things to learn.  Well now I'm going back to bed.  Later on, I have a bit of blog reading to catch up with.  I miss my visits to my friends' blogs.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

7 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

What a delight and how blessed you are to have the opportunity to witness this. All of the pictures are wonderful especially the one with the parents and the baby in their heart shape. Bravo, Edna!

If you look at the top of your editor there is a icon for videos ... click on that and then go to the file just like you do for pictures. The blogger does the rest. I have only done slide shows, but I am assuming it is the same for videos.

Sorry you have a cold ... I am beginning to think I do too. I am sneezing and my eyes and nose are running clear (all allergy stuff), but now I have a productive cough and that is probably not allergy. The crazy weather ... hot, cold, hot, cold ... that is what is doing it to us. Get rest my friend and drink a lot of fluids (Vitamin C and zinc are good for a cold as well). I am off to a day at my daughters dentist so I will check back to see if you have more swan baby pictures and a videw :) Take care, my friend ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

aquascrap said...

The baby photos are just special. Thanks for sharing them.

Hope you feel well enough to go and get some more photos.

Hubby is back to work again today, thankfully it was just some 24 hour virus that had him feeling icky.

Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

This is so wonderful, those little swans and mommy and daddy!
You made wonderful photos and thanks to show them!
Oh dear, take care of yourself, perhaps you'd better stay at home today and go for another photoshoot of the swans tomorrow!
Now going to post and hopefully I can put the photos on I still have as usual.
Hug
Kyra

lorik said...

I love those babies. And I very much like the last pic!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thank you so much for stopping in to wish me a happy birthday when you feel so rotten. I do appreciate it! I adore the photos of the babies too, so sweet aren't they? I hope you feel better really soon, no fun having a Spring Cold! Stay warm and rest, best medicine there is....snuggle a lot with Pogo! Hugs, Mat

The Queen Jester said...

Only you would rush from your sick bed to photo the babies. I wish I had your diligence! Now tuck yourself back in and get better!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures. I hope you were better.