Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Having Fun With Photos

May 8, 2013

Good morning.  The sun is shining but we do have rain  coming in sometime this afternoon.  This morning Pogo and I will try once more to keep his date with the groomer.  I called her yesterday afternoon, and she said that she was running late and probably should have called me.  You think?

The new Photo classes have started up at "Photography Plus", and yesterday's lesson in "Zoom Blur" was a lot of fun.  I had never tried this before, and really had myself a good time learning how to do it.  Here's what I did to a photo of a duck (at our local pond).   Note the original photo in the upper right corner.


Isn't this neat?  If you want to learn how to do this and more, click on "Photography, Plus The Art Of Photography" and check it out.  We'd love to have you join us.

My cherry tree is finally getting some blossoms.  Last year, it did not get any blossoms, but it doubled its size. 



Eddie (SIL) said he would come by soon and re-seed my grass areas.  I am so hoping to be able to finish fixing up the side yard this year.  Yesterday, Eddie fixed both of my flags.  The flag poles got rather beat up during the winter storms this year.  I love being able to look out my window and seeing "Old Glory" waving over my doors.

Now it's time to get dressed and head on out for Pogo's appointment.  How about another cute freebie frame (courtesy of Dover and me)?  Here's a mug for you.  Have fun with it.

That's all the news for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love what you did with the duck and I marched right over and signed up. I have to wait until I am approved then I want to learn how to do that ... very cool!

Last night we took 10 ticks off of Izzi ... don't have any idea where she is getting them, but I took her to the vet and we put a new kind of "slow release" flea/tick collar on her. She also got all of her shots including the Lyme Disease vaccine and put her on antibiotics just as a precaution. While I was waiting in the Vets office I pulled 6 more tics off of her ... Arrrrgh!

She already has a flea/tic medicine that I put on her monthy, but clearly it wasn't working. Now she has a doubled up effect which hopefully won't cause her any problems. Anyway, the word is that it is going to be a bad year for tics (ya think?), so be prepared ... Make sure Pogo gets what he needs.

So it got hot here again today ... it is in the 80's and I need to cut my grass. My body keeps telling me "do it in the morning when it is cooler" and in the morning my body will tell me "wait until the grass is dry" and by then my grass will be so high that I will have to use the bag ... ugh! Anyway, I am going to head downstairs and see if I can talk myself into doing a little yard work ... and maybe cut the grass. You have a great day Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Nani said...

Zoom-blur is VERY cool! The original photo was great too, but the effect is so neat!

I hope all went well with Pogo's grooming take 2. :)

Not really a ton going on here this evening except that it was a nice enough day and is now a nice enough night for the delinquents to be racing motorcycles on the main road that about 2 houses away from us. grr...

Nut I can deal with their noise if it means the weather is nice. :)

Hugs, Nani

Nani said...

Oh, and where did my manners go? I'm downloading the frame right after I say Thank You! It will be used and loved!

smiekeltje said...

Sure would be nice if Pogo's appointment would be done!
Oh I LOVE that photo of the goose in blur! I will try it out, it gives a great effect.!
Nice that Eddy comes over to do some things. He is a great guy!
Have a wonderful day
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

That zoom blur looks like fun. I used to do that sometimes by spinning my zoom lens as I shot, but it would be much more controlled in photoshop.
I just can't seem to get excited about on-line classes. I enjoy going to a classroom so much more, but maybe someday. I've learned at this age not to rule anything out.