Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Rain And Heat Coming

May 29, 2013

Good morning.  The weather here has been really quite nice.  However, now that I am on the mend, it will change.  Today we are expecting rain, and the next couple of days are supposed to hit the low 90's F.  Although, maybe the heat will knock the crap out of this nasty bug.  Hmmmm, food for thought.

Well, last night I had such fun playing on my laptop again.  And something nice will come out of it for you too.  But, well, that's a surprise for Friday.  Gosh, doesn't that just get your noodles cooking?  When someone gets your interest up and then slams the surprise door shut?  Yeahhhh, but it is sooooo much fun!

Ever notice how every one always photographs their gorgeous flowers when they look their best?   Well there is also lots of beauty in the aging blooms too.  Have a look at these two "Wilted Beauties" and see if you don't agree.  They are two of my tulips.



Aren't they beautiful?  Age has its own beauty.  Even with people.  Over the years, we collect wrinkles and gray hair, and our shapes change.  Some of us end up long and thin, while some of us take on a short, round shape.  Through it all, we are still adorable.  Don't think so?  Just ask me!

This next photo shows youth at its finest.  On a rose tree.  This is my first pink bloom of the year.  My other rose tree and bushes are all budded, and I'm excited to see which ones bloom first.  Especially the yellow rose tree.  It is loaded with big buds.  Oh boy!


I think Pogo is beginning to feel better too.  You should see him perk up and dance when it is time for Joe to come home from work.  Pogo is at the door waiting and barking for Joe to bring on the bologna.  This is Pogo's favorite treat so I make sure Joe never runs out of bologna.  I buy "Lite", and in between treats, Pogo is fed doggie food.  Maybe not the best, but it's what he will eat. 

Here's a photo of Pogo and Joe out in the yard.  This was taken before his (Pogo's) last hair cut.  lol.  That black thing that looks like a collar is Pogo's harness.  He slipped out of his collar once, so now he has to wear his harness until the his little play yard is fenced in.


Well, that's about all the news for this morning.  Now I'm going to enjoy a cup of coffee.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

I agree with the tulips! Like people, as we age one beautiful flower becomes a whole new flower!

Your roses are always so beautiful, makes me even sadder about the scraggly rose-weeds in my flower beds. Maybe I should try growing roses on purpose?

I love the shot of Joe and Pogo!

Can't wait to see the surprise on Friday!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Lovely tulips - they are so special to see in the spring.
Pogo is cute as ever. I'm so happy to have pets again to photo and put on the blog!

smiekeltje said...

You sure sound a lot better already!
I agree, every age has it's beauty, even in flowers LOL!
What a lovely rose is that pale pink one! My climbing rose is full of buds too. This morning I saw one bud has opened almost, now I cannot wait till more of them will bloom.
I wish we already had your temperatures over here, I even would settle for 80F. At the moment we only reach up to just 70 F, horrible!
Love the photo of Joe and Pogo. They are good mates.
Take care, and I hope the bug will be gone now real soon!
Hug
Kyra

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better. Roll on the warmer weather.Hugs Elee.