Monday, May 6, 2013

Lots Of Fog This Morning

This morning is starting out rather foggy and a bit gray.  However, the weatherman assures us that it will turn into a really gorgeous sunny day in just a few hours.  I surely hope so because I've already shut off the heat for the season.  At least I think I have.  Right now, I'm running my electric fireplace because it is so cool in my place.

Last night was a good night at work.  The Mrs was in a good mood, and actually went to bed fairly early.  I've been reading a book about Gypsy Rose Lee's life, (American Rose by Karen Abbott)  so I got to read a few more chapters last night.  She was quite the character in her time.

Every couple of years, a Robin comes round to the beauty bush outside the Mrs' dining room window.  She taps on the window, I guess to let us know she is back.  Then she goes about her business collecting things to build a nest.  I got this shot through the window.


Today is also Mandarin Orange Monday, so I will post this there as well.  Click on the link and have a look at some fabulous photography.  Take your cup of coffee with you, and enjoy your visit.

Here's a photo of some more of my daffodils.  I just love them.  Their colors are so delicate.


Beneful has come out with some new little cans of doggie food, so I bought a few to try with Pogo.  He is just so picky.  I gave him some of it this morning for breakfast, and he actually ate it.  Woo Hoo!!

That's about all my news for this morning.  I guess I'll go see what I can rustle up for breakfast.  Hmmm, maybe a bowl of Raisin Bran.  That sounds rather good.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

9 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You are right, you know. They call them "Robin Red Breast", but they really are orange. My neighbor and I have a going joke ... when we see a bird and realize it is a Robin, we say "Just a Robin!". But we do love our Robins though there are many. That just means that they are successful survivors and you have to respect that.

I am like you, I can't get enough techy toys, but some of them are very expensive so I just have to sit back and drool over those. Mother's Day is coming up so I think I will do a little shopping as well to see what I can hint to my husband about ... he is very good at picking up on my hints. See what you started:)

We are having a string of nice weather so I have been working in the yard. Still have a lot to do ... I have to clean under the tree where I keep all of my feeders. Over the winter dropped seed and seed hulls collect and by spring they have created a wonderful mulch which, when you dig into it, is full of earth worms. This is a great fertilizer and I use it in all of my flower beds, but it is hard to move around ... dirt it heavy and I am old :( So I always end up saving this to the last (it's called avoidance). But, I am about there because my next step will be to plant my tubors that I have to take up every fall and I want the good soil to be out before I do that. Between yard work and walking Izzi, I get myself back into shape.

How are you doing? Are you able go for walks yet? I hope you find a solution to your pain because I think you are like me and like to be on the go. Stay well, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Birgitta said...

So beautiful photos of the bird and flowers!

NatureFootstep said...

your Robin is a gorgeous bird. :)

The Queen Jester said...

Robins are so pretty - too bad many think of them as just a "common" bird. We should be happy they grace us with their abundance.

Kathy said...

What a great shot of the robin. I love robins. We don't see too many of them around here and I'm always happy when I catch a glimpse of one.

smiekeltje said...

Here too the mornings and evenings are still a bit coll, but later the weather is soooo nice!
Love that little robin.
And good to hear the Mrs. was in a good mood. Makes it all a bit easier LOL.
You enjoy your day, with Pogo.
Hug
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

So sorry it has been a few days since I have visited. Took me a few minutes to catch up, lots going on for both of us. Lovely, lovely photos and the Robin is beautiful, I saw 2 very pretty cardinals in my yard this morning, but gone before I got my camera....LOL! Glad it is finally spring there too, I opened my windows about 6:30 this morning and have a kitty girl in each one...LOL! Well, got a lunch date with a girlfriend to celebrate our "birthdays" so guess I had best get my shower and put my face one and close windows before I leave. Have a fabulous day and thanks for the cute pink flower too! Hugs! Mat

ExploreColorado said...

Awww I love your beautiful Robin.

lorik said...

Robin Red Breasts remind me of my childhood -not quite sure why - did we see more of them or was there a poem about them? It is a lovely photo of such a beautifully shaped and coloured little bird. Thank you for sharing it on Mandarin Orange Monday:)