Friday, May 10, 2013

Some Rain, Some Fog, Then Glorious Sunshine

May 10, 2013

Good morning.  I'm at work so this may be a rather short post.  On my way in to work this morning, there were a lot of sheer gray clouds in the sky.  Not everywhere, but here and there.  It turned out to patches of fog.  I never really noticed how it formed before, but I must say it was interesting.    Here's one slightly foggy patch that I drove through.


And here's another area where much of the fog hasn't quite got to yet.  Isn't this a pretty shot?


Yesterday, we had patches of very heavy rain.  Even that was scattered.  As we drove to pick up Jasmine from school, some areas were very dry.  Not one drop of rain.  But it did catch up with those areas too, and boy oh boy, did it rain!  I got a few very interesting photos, but I have to crop them before I can share them here. 

Here is one photo that I took yesterday of the rain in my yard.  I edited the photo in Color Efex Pro4, and it almost makes it look like a painting.


Right now, the sun is shining and it promises to be a gorgeous warm day.  Sighhhh, not the best day to be inside at work.  I'd definitely rather be outside playing.   Ah well, maybe the Mrs will be wanting to go outside for a while later today.  The fresh air will be good for her.  (and me too!)

I can hear her beginning to stir, so it's time for me to get busy here.  Before I go, I do have a freebie for you.  A pretty tiger lily.  (from Dover and me) I have lots of these growing in my yard.  Have fun with it.



That's all for this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs,  Edna B.

4 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love foggy, misty pictures ... they have a mystery about them. Yours are beautiful and the blooming trees in your yard are beautiful as well.
Sorry you have to work on a beautiful day. You used to work nights didn't you ... that might be better in the summer ... or not. I guess you have to take the shift they give you.

I went to Photography Plus yesterday and was a little confused as to what I was supposed to do. It said upload a picture ... but then what? How do I know what to do with it? Does she come on and walk me through it or what? I also didn't see anything about how to do the zoom blurr thing. You know, I am just an old poop and new stuff doesn't come easy. I have never tried on line classes ... got any hints for me?

I am off to find something to post on Feline Friday so I will check in later today. Enjoy your day ... hope the Mrs. wants to go out. I agree, it is good for both of you :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wholly Guacamole...it seems like it has been a long time since I dropped in. I have been rather busy here lately, but I know hope things will be returning to somewhat normal (?)!
Great catching up with you and Pogo, love the freebie frames and flowers. Great photo of the duck. I have been snapping photos like crazy of the Mommy cat and her 5 kittens, they are so cute now, just beginning to come out to eat food.
Anyhow, got to get off this computer as my boss is coming by this morning to fill out some paper work. Chat more next time.
Hugs for you and Pogo! Mat

The Queen Jester said...

Fog makes for some lovely photos as you have just shown. The photo effects on the last one do make it look like a painting. I love doing that with photos, which is a good thing because I would never make a good painter.

smiekeltje said...

Such a beautiful sight all those blossoming trees!
I treid the zooming stuff and it is really fun to do. It depends thogh what kind of picture you choose for it.
A person can be busy and have fun with little things LOL
Hope you can get outside for a while with the Mrs today.
Hug
Kyra