Monday, May 27, 2013

Hanging In There

May 27, 2013

Good morning.  Yes, I'm still here.  At least part of me is.  There was a bit of noise in the laundry room this morning that woke Pogo up, and he started barking.  That of course woke me up.  I have to say I was quite crabby at being woke up like that. 

That was over an hour ago, and I'm still up.  Barely, but at least up.  I've managed to catch up on some of my blog reading and the rest will have to wait till tomorrow.  Last night, I tried some real food for supper, and I'm glad to say that I kept it down.  This morning I had my first cup of coffee all week.  So now we shall see.  If I get to keep my food and my coffee, there is hope of recovery.  lol.

This bug is really quite nasty.  I haven't been this sick in a very long time.  Last Fall I did get all my shots so I can imagine how bad this really could have been.  Although I have to admit that my daughter is threatening to take me to the hospital if this doesn't clear up soon.  I may not even argue with her.

Today is Mandarin Orange Monday, and I have a photo that I worked on just before the bug hit.  It's not really fancy, just a fun photo of one of my tulips.  The bee is from COH Scraps.


Here's a photo of my little cutie in his tiny little house.  This house was one of my best purchases ever.  Next to it is Pogo's overflowing toy box.


Well, now I'm petering out a bit so that will be all for this morning.  I need to get back under my fuzzy blankets.  Plus it's time to take my medicine.  Yuk!  I would rather be taking something for the wicked head ache that won't go away.  Unfortunately, I have to space the medicine hours away from my asthma medicine, so there's really no time for any more pills.   Ah well, it's just as well.  I don't like pills.  So, till tomorrow (if I can), Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh my , Edna, I'm with your daughter. It sounds like you are dehydrated and if you have been vomiting your electrolytes are probably out of wack. You need to be taking fluids (something like Gatorade) to replace what you have lost. If you don't get better, you should head for the ER with your daughter.

I was pleased to get a comment from you this morning ... thinking that you were getting better ... hmmmmm. I am concerned ... think you, at very least, should call call your doctor and let him know what is going on and see what he says. We are not youngsters any more ... bouncing back is not as easy and I am thinking you might need a little boost. I will be thinking of you ... we miss your cheery posts.

Andrea @ FromThe Sol

Debby said...

I agree, I think you need to go to the ER. Water doesn'tel hydrate you when you get to where you are....if you stop going to the bathroom do not hesitate, go to the ER. I also agree about calling the doctor to tell him what is going on. Wonder if you could have e coli or campylobactor.....it's like e coli. For that you need an antibiotic.
Pogo looks so sweet in his house.
Feel better.

The Queen Jester said...

I was hoping you were fully recovered by now. I feel so badly for you.

You are so lucky to have Andrea's knowledge of these things and I really want you to do what ever you need to do to get back to your usualy spunky Miss Edna self.

Pogo is adorable in his little house and what a huge box of toys!

Nani said...

Pogo is cute peeking out of his housie!

I can say that while a hospital isn't fun, they managed to have the flu clear in about 2-1/2 days (the other day and a half was for physical therapy, which you wouldn't need) But it was really the medicine and staff waiting on me for everything while I was getting lots of rest that helped. If you don't get back to top shape pretty darned quick, if you are still being pressured to go to the hospital, let it happen and go. AT least get in to see the doctor, if there is a stronger scrip that will help...

Take care and get better, my friend!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Perhaps it isn;t a bad idea to go to the hospital and have a check up. This is looking to be a real bad cold or worse. Don;t be to stubborn and let Deanne take you to the ER.
You should be lots better already now, but that doesn;t seem to happen. You may give it another day, but if by tomorros you are not feeling and doing lots better, GO with Deanne!
Sending good health ( and andi stubborn LOL) wishes your way!
Hug
Kyra

lorik said...

I agree with everyone else- go to the hospital for a proper check up. Your weeks sounds so awful.
On a lighter note, I couldn't help smile when I saw your words "a photo I worked on just before the bug hit" :)
Looks like he has magic wand though and will make it all better soon ;)

Thanks for sharing on Mandarin Orange Monday:)