Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Good Day For Some Cleaning

May 4, 2013

Good morning.  I guess it's definitely Spring time here.  The days are just gorgeous, and a few of the nights get a bit chilly.   The trees are adorned with beautiful blossoms and happy green leaves.  I say "happy" because that first shade of green that pops out is such a happy shade of green, sort of like a chartreusey green.

This will be a short post because I slept in late this morning, and now Jasmine is here to help me with some cleaning.  She has no qualms about kicking the dust bunnies out of the house.  So I will let her deal with these cute little critters.  Between the dusting and running the vacuum, this is such a big help for me. 

I do have a couple of photos to share with you.  Yesterday, I took photos of the leaves on my trees.  Gosh!  They are so pretty!   Isn't this a happy green?  The second photo is my Japanese Red Maple.  This tree is a source of beauty throughout the whole year. 



Well, I really don't have any news for today, so I think I'll have me another cup of coffee, and dig into some of the house work.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Cleaning on the weekend ... hmmmm. I would much rather play, wouldn't you? This weekend my granddaughter is here (I think ... she arrived last night and went to bed; slept in this morning while Izzi and I went to class (which was great fun as usual), got up, got dressed and hopped in the car to spend the day with her new friend from up here. So, so far, it has been "Hi", "Good Night" and "Goodbye ... Have fun!" Thank goodness I can remember what I was like at her age because Otherwise I would be fretting. Actually, I am happy that she finally has a friend up here to do things with. We have told her she could bring a friend with her when she came, but her mother would have none of that, so she has always had to spend her time with her Dad or her "old poop" Grandma. When she was younger she loved it, but at age 16, almost 17 ... there are new priorities, called friends, friends and more friends:) So I am just greatful she is doing well and we get to see her once in awhile.

Izzi and I took a walk in the Forest Preserve this afternoon. Our first real outing of the year. She was loving it ... running ahead, stopping and sniffing something, falling behind then running to get ahead again. She keeps me going at a fast walk which is good for both of us. We did pretty well and it felt good. We will be doing more of that ... have to get back into summer shape again. My house, however, is probably not as clean as yours is today, so that's the downside :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Edna ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

How sweet of Jamisne to help you with the dust bunnies etc.!
You are right, the new green on the sprouting tree branches is beautiful. So fresh and happy.
Oh, we will spent a bit of time sitting in the garden agai today. We have lovely weather, definately more my kind. Could do with a bit higher temperature, specially for the wind and breeze, but I will not complain. Its finally getting into spring weather.
I did the dust bunnies yesterday, so I can relax today LOL!
Hug
Kyra