Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Great Day For Photos

May 15, 2013

Good morning.  I'm still at work, and the Mrs is asleep.  Thank goodness.  She woke up a little while ago and boy oh boy was she ever cranky!  Maybe next time she wakes she will be in a better mood.  No matter, because in a while I will be going home to Pogo.

I am attempting to upload a video to share with you.  I took it yesterday with my DSLR.  My daughter Deanne took me to see the swans, and oh wowee.  It was simply awesome.   Mommy Swan was sitting on her nest keeping all six of her eggs warm, while her mate swam close by. 

OOPS, sorry - did not work. ( I'll try again later)

I spent three hours last night trying to figure out how to upload the video to You Tube so that I could put it here, but that did not turn out so good.  As of now, Blogger can't upload it either.  Wow, one would think that it is a full length movie.  But it's only a couple of minutes.  Ah well, you'll have to settle for photos for now.




I am hoping to go back today to see what's happening and get more photos.  A lot of folks stop by the pond to see the swans.  One of the people there told me that the eggs have been there more than 42 days, and should be hatching anytime now.  Wow, wouldn't that make for some fabulous photos?  I wish! 

Yesterday was my day for photo ops.  On my way to work last night, (just a couple of minutes before I got here)  this magnificent critter ran across the road in front of my car.  I grabbed my camera and jumped out of the car in time to get this shot.  Then the deer ran off into the woods.


Then, while at work just before the sun went down,  um - I think I'll save that for tomorrow's post.  You never know.  Today might be a dull day and I won't have anything to post tomorrow.   lol. 

That makes me chuckle a bit.  I am in my sixth year of blogging, and I haven't missed very many days.  Who would have thought that the bashful child of yesterday would turn into such a chatty cathy.  (Chatty Cathy was a life size talking doll from back in the years 1958-1962.)

Well, that's it for this morning's news.  Pretty soon I will pack up my things and head on home.  Yeahhhh!  The sun is shining so pretty and bright, and I'm itching to get out there with my camera.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

aquascrap said...

Gorgeous photos of the Swans and deer. I hope you get lucky and can be there when the little ones pop out of the eggs.

I can't believe how the weather can change so quickly....last week I was living in paradise, this week it is cold and wet.....we've had over 2 inches of rain since Sunday

I am just about to go off to bed. You enjoy your day and happy snapping.

Hugs
Judy xx

Nani said...

We had 87 high, sunny with a cool breeze; a gorgeous today here too!

I love, love, love the swan's! I whenever7 seen a nesting swan, let alone see the eggs. It would definitely be a cool photo day if you could be there when they hatch.

I hope it was a great day with your camera!

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

They are such beautiful birds and it's always exciting in the spring time to see all the new life.

I've never been able to download any of my videos, much less figure how to get them on You-tube. Yet another thing I need to learn.

smiekeltje said...

Those swan photos are so wonderful! And yes, it would be nice if you could get a few photos when the babies hatch!
Already 6 years on Blogger? Wow, congratuations.
But when I think of it, I am blogging about the length of time. Gosh, time flies and if you think how many things we talked about and how many things we uploaded, I think we could be a little proud of ourselves LOL!
I hope to be blogging for many years to come, I would miss it if not doing that anymore!
Have a lovely day.
Hug
Kyra