Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lots Of Party Photos To Share

April 30, 2013

Can you believe it?  Today is the last day of April!  The months are speeding by so fast, and leaving the plants behind.  Some things are growing, while others are just beginning.  Some of the flowering trees are in full bloom, and others are just now getting buds all over them.  Ah well, just a little patience and soon everything will be blooming.  This is my time of year.

Okay, okay, I know you'd rather see the photos from the party than listen to me babble.  Yesterday turned out to be a fun, and very interesting, day.  In the morning, Pogo and I went shopping for the balloons and party favors.  Because the balloons took up all the room in the backseat, Pogo had to sit in the front, thereby making it more difficult for him to look out the window.  Poor baby!




After the shopping, we headed back home so that I could get a little nap.  In the afternoon, we went outside and tied up the balloons all around the yard to make it more festive.  I smudged out the background here to show the balloons better.  There would have been twenty balloons, but one flew away when I was trying to tie it to something.


When Joe got home from work, he held Pogo up to inspect each bunch of balloons to make sure they were tied  okay. Pogo seemed pretty happy so I guess everything was okay.


Next it was time to call Sassy to find out what time she was coming over, and then I got started on the birthday cake.  This proved to be quite interesting.  I have never made a hamburger cake.  First I made the rice, and spread some on the cake plate.  Then I cooked the hamburgers.  I put one burger on top of the rice, put a layer of rice on top of the burger, and then placed the other buger on top of that.  Next I topped it off with some sliced American cheese and put it in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the rice a bit.    Voila!!  Here's a photo of Sassy and one of the hamburger cake.



I have to say that the cake was a HIT!!  I spread out a tablecloth on the floor, then placed the party favors and Pogo's present on it.  Next I brought the two plates of cake.  I almost got attacked putting these down.  They really wanted that cake!

However, as you can see here, Sassy was determined to eat both servings, while Pogo just sat by and watched rather dismally.  Sassy did leave a few crumbs on Pogo's plate though, so he did at least get a taste.  When they were done, I took Pogo aside and gave him some more of the cake, away from Sassy. 




All in all, the doggies had a good time.  I will say that Sassy got a bit homesick.  Especially when this morning came and she was still here.  I have to pick Jasmine up from Drama class later this afternoon, and I will take Sassy home then.

Ah well, it's time for things to get back to normal now.  There is laundry waiting to be done.  So, I think I'll have a cup of coffee and get busy here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

P.S.  I just have to share this adorable birthday card that Pogo's friend Izzi sent to him.  It's just adorable.   Thank you Izzi. 

  http://HappyBirthdayDogs.com/to/Pogo

7 comments:

Debby said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are so cute. I am laughing out loud. Esp. that first one looking out the window. I love how he is looking at her cake dissappearing before his eyes . So funny. Pogo is just adorable.

xinex said...

What a fun birthday party! Does Podo have the same bday as me?...Christine

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh, the party looks wonderful and Pogo seemed a little overwhelmed. I am glad you made sure he got some cake of his own. Izzi now has a new neighbor friend named Stella ... she is an adorable Bi-black Sheltie. They have only met once and it will take them some time to get used to each other (Izzi is used to being the center of attention, so she has to learn to share all over again). They will have a fun summer together and we will have to have a Birthday party for Izzi now too. Such fun ...

We were going to go for a walk this afternoon, but, can you believe, it was in the 80's. Izzi didn't want to stay out long enough to walk anywhere so we just stayed home and tuned on the air conditioning ... it is supposed to be back in the 50's again by tomorrow. Ugh, where is the nice in between 70 degree weather ... is there no such thing as spring anymore? Well, Pogo, Happy Day After ... glad you had such a wonderul Birthday.

Andrea @ From The Sol

P.S. Go read the comments on Izzi's BD card for Pogo ... they are mostly Happy Birthday wishes for Pogo :)

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

O what fun they had! Great shots you took. Happy Birthday POGO! Love all the photos since my last visit. Sorry have been busy, stopped by, just didn't have a chance to chat! Lovely Primrose and the MOM is gorgeous as usual. O and thanks for the QP and your visit to my blog! Appreciate it! Well, almost time for dinner for all these 4 legged fur babies around here. Gotta finish before The Voice and DWTS come on! Have a great evening. Hugs, Mat

aquascrap said...

Oh my what lovely photos of the party. Looks like Pogo was spoiled and deservedly so.

The "cake" turned out great! Greedy Sassy....lol At least Pogo did get some.

Now time yo put the feet up and take it easy.

Hugs
Judy xx

smiekeltje said...

You have made a wonderful birthday party for Pogo.; The cake looks real good, as I look at it with kind of doggy eyes LOL!

Unbelievable we are alredy in May!
I too don't know where hte months have gone to.
It could have something to do with our age, although younger people also complain about the speed of time.
Oh well, we try to make the best of it.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Thank you for allowing all of us to virtually attend Pogo's birthday cake. I think Left Brain would have enjoyed that hamburger cake as well! What a hoot! You crack me up and started my day with a smile.