Thursday, April 18, 2013

An Afternoon Shopping With Pogo

April 18, 2013

Good morning.  It's looking pretty outside my window this morning.  It's sunny and the temperature should be about 60 F today.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe Spring is trying to move in to our area.

Well, let me tell you about Pogo's shopping trip yesterday.  First, don't ever take your pet shopping with you, and whatever you do, do not let them use your credit card.  First, we had to walk all around the store to meet all the other doggies that were shopping.  On the way, we had to leave a tiny drop or two of "odor de Pogo".

Next we had to check out the "sale" items.  All the winter sweaters and jackets were on sale for $3 or $4 each, and Pogo just had to have one of everything.  Honestly!  I had to put a few things back when he wasn't looking.  Then it was on to the Spring shirts.  He was a little pickier here, and only picked out half a dozen shirts. 

On the way to the checkout counter, he spotted the Red Sox jerseys.  Oh boy, I was hoping that he did not see these as they are a bit more expensive.  But there was no leaving that area without his very own shirt.  So be it.  Needless to say, my Pogo was a very happy little camper after his shopping trip.  Here he is showing off one of his new shirts.


And these are the other new shirts that he bought.





I guess Pogo's busy day shopping wore him out because later he curled up in his bed with a little pink poodle to dream of all his new goodies.


God bless my little guy, he did good today.  Of course, at this rate I won't be retiring any time soon.  But that's okay.  At least Pogo is one happy little fellow.

Tonight, it's back to work for Mama, but then I will be off until Sunday night.   The next few days are supposed to be sunny and warm, so hopefully Pogo and I will be able to go out looking for photo ops.  That would be really nice.  Now it's time for me to get a few things done around here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Debby said...

I love his shirt.......he is adorable. Talk about a shopping spree, hah.

The Queen Jester said...

Bless his little heart helping to boost the economy with his shopping. I can't wait to see him in that red argyle sweater sometime - I wish it came in my size.
He's so adorable in his little red sox jersey. I had no idea they made so many clothes for dogs, I'm thinking I was sewing the wrong stuff! I should have been looking at the pet market instead.

Nani said...

Oh Edna, I just love Pogo's treasures from his shopping spree! His baseball jersey is so cute and he has quite the selection!

It was still sunny and 81 degrees in Toledo an hour ago.The most recent weather report said windy rain and 68 degrees within the hour! Quick change! Right now the sky is very dark and there is a threatening breeze. I'm actually watching TV, well the TV is on, to keep an eye on the storm. Good news is the radar looks like it might stay to your north. (Crossing my fingers for ya!)

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Oh boy, your Pogo did spent a lot of money!!! But now he has no trouble choosing a shirt, his closet is well stocked LOL!
Nice that the weather is coming a bit to normal. It's a bout time too!
Have some great days before going to work again.
Hug
Kyra