Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Bit Of Spring In The Air Today

April      17, 2013

Good morning.  Today is starting out rather nicely.  It's already 55 degrees F, and the sun is shining.  Unless life pops up with something else, Pogo and I are planning on taking a ride to a Petco this morning.  They have been having a pretty good sale, and we are hoping to find some new shirts for Pogo.

Yesterday I discovered that I had a doctor appointment.  Somehow, I had put it on the wrong date on the calendar.  This was not my happiest doctor appointment.  It seems that my lungs are not as good as they were last year.  I had some blood work done, and I will go back next month for a follow up.

My doctor also changed my asthma medicine back to Advair.  A year ago, the insurance company decided that I did not need the Advair and changed my medication to another Brand.  The new brand did not work so good, and over the last few months, my breathing has been getting much worse.  So now we will see if they will let me have my Advair back.

On a happier note, my Christmas Cactus plant is finally going to bloom.  Actually, it already has.  I have to take some new photos because this morning I noticed that the biggest blossom has already opened.  But here is yesterday's photo.


I also took some photos of my Easter Lily.  I didn't do much to this photo other than crop it, but I wanted to share it because it is just so pretty.  It looks rather soft and vintagy.  (That's a new word that I just made up.)


This morning I am watching a program about space tourism.  Smaller space planes (I guess that's what they are called) are being built, and folks will be able to travel in them to outer space for just under $100,000.  My gut tells me that this is not such a good idea.

I really don't think it's good for the atmosphere to be having all these vehicles floating about in outer space.  And what about the rocket fuel and what the blast off does to the atmosphere?  Do you suppose all this stuff we've been throwing up into outer space has played a big part in the big change in our weather patterns?  Do you suppose this is a good part of the increase in tornadoes and hail storms?

It's time to change the channel.  QVC is featuring some very pretty dinnerware and the accessory pieces to match.  No, I'm not buying it, but it sure is pretty to look at.  I think my next big purchase might be a new bed.  Daughter in law (Janet) recently got a new bed.  The top and bottom move up and down, and I believe the mattress is the new memory foam or gel. I think it would ease breathing problems, especially when one has a cold.

So that is one of the things I want to look into soon.  I also want to find some new places to go to take photos.   My goodness, while I'm sitting here typing, I can see out of the corner or my eye that Pogo is actually eating some of his dog food.  Wow, will wonders never cease!!!

I'm thinking I'll have me another cup of coffee, then get dressed.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Sorry about the lungs ... I thought something was going on when you were having breathing problems in Florida. The Advair is good and it comes in different strengths so you can increase the dose if you need to. Don't forget to rinse your mouth out with water after you use it ... it can allow Thrush to grow in your mouth and throat if you don't.

Elevating your head and chest at night is a good thing to help breathing. There are wedge pillows you can get to put under your regular pillow that will accomplish that for you. I have been using one for years. I got it when I had acid reflux, but after I got that taken care of, I just kept using it because, I too have asthma and it does help with my breathing.

On to more pleasant conversation ... love your pictures. You must have a green thumb ... your cactus and Lilly are beautiful. I don't keep live plants in my house because the cats would try to eat them. There are so many plants that are poisonous to cats that, rather than take a chance, I use artificial flowers. Of course, I have a cat who eats artificial flowers too, so you can't win :(

We are back to cold and rainy today. Most of our Pelicans left yesterday. It is awesome to watch them climb the thermals and fly. They get so high they are like little dots in the sky ... then they just disappear. Nature is a wonderful thing. Well, Edna, hope your lungs get better with the new inhaler. And I will be looking for pictures of Pogo in his new shirts. He is such a cutie ... Be well, my friend.

Andrea @ From The Sol

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Good Morning, guess I visited yesterday before you got started on your posting! Glad your weather is improving! Ours is downright warm and so very humid (makes my artificial knee HURT), but that should remedy by later this afternoon as another front drops down and takes our temps down with it!
My outdoor kitty is such a good mom to her 5 babies. I had an umbrella over the area where her "condo" is to protect when we had showers, but with the heat yesterday I removed it to let in a little breeze! She became so agitated and "talked" to me big time until I put it back! It amazes me that she and daddy are both taking care of them. I will try my best to get her and him fixed after the babies are old enough to wean!
I hope Pogo gets his new shirts and am sure we can see how handsome he is in them! Well, have a great time taking photos to share! Love the Lily and the cactus, but especially like the turkey! Have a great day! Hugs, Mat

Debby said...

Don't you love how inance companies know more abouehalth than you ur doctor do. Grrrrr. Are your lung problems due to asthma or something else. I have been having low oxygen level problems during surgery and recently during this bronchitis I found it so hard to get air.
Your flowering plants look nice.
Pogo is going to look handsome in his spring wardrobe.

Nani said...

Insurance companies, grrr…

I had a Christmas cactus that bloomed again one time. It didn’t fare well with my move to Ohio though. Bet the Easter lily smells great!

The bed sounds wonderful!

I’m enjoying my evening coffee…David says there is no time that I consider a bad time for coffee. I tell him when I read blogs I’m just having coffee with friends!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Sorry to hear your lungs are not behaving! Oh, the health insurance companies are doping what they like, here too!
They almost decide what medicines you take from which brand. It's a shame!
Hopefully they will accept the brand you relly need and is working for you!
May be a new bed will not be a wrong thing, specially the ones you can move the head and foot parts.
Yes, sleeping a bit higher with the head makes the breathing easier.
I hate it that the insurance companies just can decide to change a brand of a medicine, it can have large effects sometimes for the people using.

Let's look at the bright side, your weather is improving, even here it does, the pictures of your flowers are ovely and I hope you will have a great day with Pogo and will find some real bargains!
Hugs
Kyra