Saturday, April 6, 2013

New Books For Momma

April 6, 2013

Ah, good morning.  The sun is shining and it's a little on the cool side.  Today should get up to about 50 degrees F.  However, right now it is about 33 degrees!  Today is going to be a fun day because Pogo and I are going to Home Depot to do a bit of shopping.  Both for the house and hopefully the garden.

Oh boy.  The truck from Big Brother, Big Sister is here to pick up a bag of clothes and things, and I don't have the bag ready.  I forgot.  They were supposed to call me yesterday to remind me, but there were no messages on my phone.  Oh well.  They'll just have to wait till their next trip out this way.

I ordered, and received these past few days, a couple of new books to read.  Do you remember the movie "Field Of Dreams"?  This is one of my favorite movies, and it is based on the book "Shoeless Joe" by W. P. Kinsella.  So that is one of my new books.  The other book is "In The President's Secret Service" by Ronald Kessler.   This one is about behind the scenes with agents in the line of fire and the presidents they protect.

This should be pretty interesting reading.  And yes, they are "paper" books.  Even though I have lots of books on my tablet, I sometimes like to hold the actual book in my hands while I read.  There's just something about the feel of paper.  I love paper!  lol.

Today I have another photo of one of the Mrs' birdies.  This one is a Sparrow enjoying a meal at the feeder.


I'm really hoping to get to the park sometime this week, and hopefully get some new photos.  Pretty soon there should be lots of baby ducks and geese to photograph. 

Gosh, the "Ortho" Weed Killer ad is on TV now, and it really bothers me to see them spray and kill those beautiful dandelions.  Dandelions are beautiful, and the greens are delicious.  I remember when my brother and I were kids, the lady next door would send us out with a big bag to pick the dandelions.  Then she would cook up the greens and put some butter and vinegar on them and serve them to us.  Oh yum, yum, yum!!

Well that's it for news.  Now it's time for me to get dressed so that we can leave to go shopping.  Pogo will start doing his little "Take Me, Take Me" dance as soon as he sees me getting dressed.  Then he will run out to the pantry and do something on his Potty Patch.  Then he runs back to me as if to say " I was a good boy, so can I come with you?"

When I reach for his little jacket or harness, he really gets excited.  It sure doesn't take much to make this little guy a very happy camper.  In that respect, he is just like me.  Little things make us very happy.  On that note, I'll leave you.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a beautiful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

seamhead gypsy said...

I read Shoeless Joe a number of year ago. A good read. If you like it you might also like The Iowa Baseball Confederacy also by Kinsella.

smiekeltje said...

There still is nothing better than having the actual book in your hands to read.
You are slowly getting ready for the better weather LOL.
Well, yesterday Jan and I did a bit of work in the garden, some cleaning up, gettingrid of mess etc.
Still lots to do there, but it needs just a bit higher temperature to make it feel nice.
Have fun with the new books,
Hug
Kyra

Sylvia said...

Such beautiful photo you have taken, amazingly clear.
Also thank-you so very much for your freebies, I sure am looking forward to using them. Its very kind of you to share your wonderful hard work.
Thanks again
Sylvia