Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Beginning Of A Really Long Day

April 14, 2013

Good morning.  The sun is shining and it's going to be a lovely day with temps around 60 F.  A simply great day to go to the park.  Not today though.  Today I'm at work, and I'll be here until 7 a.m. tomorrow morning.  But then I will only have one more overnight shift next Thursday, and my week is done.  Not so bad I say.

Did you miss me yesterday?  My morning started off quite busy, and the day just kept on that way.    We had a dwarf moving out, then it was time to go food shopping.  We did not go on Friday because I was just too tired.   Then in the afternoon, it was laundry time.  Eddie did a nice job of getting me all hooked up.  He ran a brand new line and put in two new receptacles. 

Last night, I finished packaging and uploading the rest of the collab kit.  Then I caught up on a bit of blog reading, and before long, it was time to go to bed to get ready for another day. 

I need to take a break here.  Mrs is calling.

I'm back.  Had to make her breakfast and tend to her meds.  This should be an interesting day.  She's already in grump overdrive!  I have no clue what sets her off, but when she's bad, she's bad!  lol.

This morning on my way to work, I saw a few turkeys crossing the highway.  I stopped for a minute and tried to get some photos, but all I got was this one photo through my window.  This last turkey was on the grassy strip halfway across the road.  I'll have to remember to keep my camera setting on the seat next to me so that I'll be ready when a photo op pops up.


Once I got here, I went outside to get a photo of the jonquils while they are still blooming.  They are such a sunny shade of yellow.  Hopefully, mine will be blooming soon.


Today I've brought my knitting with me.  I'm hoping to work on it a bit when the Mrs naps.  Of course, with my luck, today will be the day when she does not nap.  We'll see.  Well, now I must get back to work here.  Don't forget to stop by tomorrow to pick up the next two parts of "Spring Is In The Air".  Till then, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Oh my ... a Grumpy Mrs. and a 20 hour day. I am feeling for you:(

I think you did good with your turkey picture. I think I told you I had a wild turkey in the yard last week, but my pictures aren't worth posting ... it was raining hard enough that water was running down the windows so they were not at all clear.

Yesterday was Migration day on our lake. The Pelicans are here. The group isn't as big as in the last two years (this is only the third year they have been coming here). I am thinking that they got separated when they had to find a new place because our lake was still frozen when they came the first time. The Cormorants are with them as always. They seem to travel together every year. Some of them stay here, but all of the Pelicans move on. Also there was a group of Merganser males and one female. The Wood Ducks are here ... I haven't seen them yet, but I hear their little call when they fly over. I also saw some Greater Scaup and some Golden Eye. I will probably be posting at least some of these on Wild Bird Wednesday. All of the wonderful migrating and it is still cold here. It was raining ice this morning ... not sleet (it did that yesterday), ice. It is supposed to get into the 60's today, but I am not seeing it yet ... and it doesn't matter because it is supposed to be freezing again tomorrow.

Well, Fonzi is here head bumping my leg. He wants his morning rubbies, so I better go. Hope you make it through your long day okay and that the Mrs. miraculously gets in a good mood :) Be well, my friend ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

smiekeltje said...

You have been busy and then the bad luck of the Mrs. in a grumpy mood!
You will have to take an easy day or two after this long shift, but yes, if you only will have to do another one on thursday and will be off for the rest of the week it is not such a bad deal.
Will have to do blogpost a bit quick, if I can LOL, waiting here for a carpenter.
Hug
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

What a lovely turkey, they are such interesting birds. It's good to see that they have made such a good comeback. I didn't know until my husband told me yesterday that Wisconsin traded ruffed grouse with Missouri for turkeys a long time ago.
Those daffodils sure are a sight for sore eyes - spring is really coming!