Saturday, December 18, 2010

Yeah!! No Snow Storm!!!

December 18, 2010
*
Good morning. The sun is shining, but don't let that fool you. It's still COLD!!! Time to turn on the weather channel and see what's happening with that storm that is heading this way. If I get my druthers, it will go out to sea. I can dream, can't I?
*
There's not much news here on the homefront. Tootsie and I went to bed early last night and watched a bit of TV. I did have projects on my laptop to work on but my priority last night was to cuddle with Tootsie and rest.
*
Oh Gosh, I'm looking at the new weather map that has just been put up on the TV, and it looks like NO SNOW until at least Tuesday or Wednesday. Gee, I hope they are not just teasing me. I really wasn't looking forward to driving back and forth from work in snow and ice.
*
I was reading my friend Nani's blog a bit earlier, and she was telling about some good news in her family. A very special young lady has been battling with cancer for about 12 years and is now in remission. Nani calls this a "damn disease." I call it dreadful, hateful, and merciless.
*
It doesn't care who you are, how old you are or how fragile you are. Sometimes it takes it's victims in a very short time, and sometimes it has them lingering on for many many years. The battle to fight this disease is long and scary. Dare we dream that a cure will be found in the near future? What a glorious time that would be!
*
How about some photos? Yesterday on my way home from work, there was a huge beautiful moon right up over the tree tops ahead of me. Oh my gosh, it was a beauty!! This was shortly after 3pm, and it was mid-afternoon daylight. Well, you know I had to get out my camera. These photos are handheld, and shot through the car window, but they are still pretty good. This first photo is to show how close the moon seems to be over the tree tops, and the second is a bit closer shot with my zoom lens.
*


I did go out last night after dark to get a few more shots, but it did not work out so good. The moon was very bright, and I did not have my tripod with me so the photos did not come out so good. I will try again another night with my tripod.
*
Now it's time for me to get busy here. Soon it will be lunch time, and I need to rustle up something good for Tootsie and me. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Kyra said...

I hope the snow will go out to sea and that it will not bother you!Here the snow is causing already trouble: on the road, a bit on the railroad but it's a mess at the airport!

You're right about cancer, it is a more than ugly disease and i hope some day in short future a genius will stand up with a cure for it.

All quiet here at the front LOL/
Be careful when you have to out, and take some rest here and there and give Tootsie a cuvvle from me.
Hugs
Kyra