Saturday, December 12, 2009

YEAH!!! The Boxes Are All Done!!

December 12, 2009

The sun is shining, and it's not too cold. (Let's just say, it's tolerable with a warm coat!) Do I ever feel good this morning! Moo and I just got back from a trip to the post office. The last of my holiday boxes has been mailed. Woo Hoo!!!
*
Only one little mishap this year. Now that everything has been wrapped and sent, I only found two little left-overs that never made it into their rightful boxes. Not to worry though. I shall mail them out after the holiday rush. I now have to finish up a few more cards, and wrap five or six gifts (I think that's about it), and I can honestly say that I am done with my holiday stuff.

Yesterday, while the Mrs. was enjoying her lunch, I was able to get quite a lot of really nice photos of the birds in the backyard. I know the Blue Jay has quite a reputation, but I think it is a gorgeous bird. There were five or six of them digging in the snow for food, along with an assortment of mourning doves, chickadees, finches, mockingbirds, cardinals, sparrows, etc. All my photos were taken through the kitchen window. I don't have room to put them all on here today, but I can post a few of them.






*
And I just love the look on this little blue jay's face. It looks like he is saying "What? Haven't you ever seen a bird before?"
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Tomorrow, I will share some more of these photos with you. When the birds are willing to stand still long enough for a photo, I just can't help myself!
*
Now that most of my holiday stuff is behind me, I think I can gear myself up into a fairly decent design mode. I have a few things that I have started that I want to finish up. Then on to some new ideas that I have. So now I will leave you and see what sort of mischief I can get into before it is time to get ready for work. Y'all have a fantabulous day now.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

I like the red one- never seen one like that over here !! Photos are fantastic as always ,lol