Monday, April 20, 2009

Cable Internet For The Cornfields?

April 20, 2009

You ladies are such fun. If anyone is interested, the interior of yonder building is "airy and roomy" to say the least. Lots of potential. lol. If my Dad were still alive, he would have this looking like a castle in no time at all. That was his hobby - working with wood. He could fix most anything, and make most anything ugly look really beautiful. His talent was endless.

I have been a busy bee today, working on the PC. How in the world did we ever get along without the computer? I never used to have anything to do on it except maybe play a few games, and now I have so-o-o much, that it's hard to get away from it. If it shuts down for a day or two, I have withdrawal. You too?

Crooknees, did you get a new PC yet? I know how frustrating it is to try to keep an ailing computer up and running. Do you have high speed internet? There is no such thing out in Audrey's cornfield. Just clunky dial up. Even the turtles on TV have DSL. I thought I saw on TV that the government was supposed to be feeding monies in the cable companies to get high speed internet into the rural areas. Won't that be nice if it really happens?

My little girl is not having a great day today. She doesn't seem to want to eat very much of her food. She has these days quite a bit now. It's hard to figure out what to feed her that she might like. Other than roast chicken and roast beef, of course. I'm not about to buy this for her everyday.

I have another birdie picture to share before I leave you today. This one was taken through the kitchen window, and it's one of my favorite birds - the blue jay. I know he can be pesky, but he's just beautiful. Enjoy, and y'all have a fantastic night.

Hugs, Edna B.




2 comments:

Nani said...

Ah! One of those fine baseball birds! (Even though their fans get too obnoxious at times.

My Dad does some pretty amazing things with wood too. He and my Aunt have a two-level setup for their dogs, one is a ini dog and one a larger dog, so he set it up that the water dispenser fills on an as needed basis and dispenses at two levels for them. It’d pretty neat! I’m trying to persuade him to do a weekend cat food dispenser. :)

Kaline sends her regards to Tootsie and says she should strike a deal with you for the chicken. :)

Snowy said...

Well - if I take this roomy and airy building I would definetely need Cable Internet as well,lol.
How far away is the next Walmart? Otherwise I might just have to borrow the shotgun and go hunting ,lol.
Hugs Snowy