Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Tis Another Beautiful Day

June 23, 2021

Good morning.  It's another early (very early) morning for me.  And I've been busy.  After I finish this post, I'll make my breakfast.  Then I'll be ready to start this new day.  (probably with a nap!)

Yesterday we had some heavy rain showers, then we got more rain during the evening and night.  Today we should have lots of sunshine and temps in the mid seventies.  A perfect day.  

Today I'm expecting some packages from Amazon.  I'm rather short on teaspoons, so that's one of the things that I ordered.  It's funny, the things we run out of.  Who would have thought I'd run out of teaspoons?  But over time, some spoons do get lost.  

I ordered some salad forks too.  I prefer to eat with the shorter salad fork than with the longer dinner fork.  I think it's time to clean out and re-do my silverware drawer.  Maybe that can be a project for tomorrow, after the new silverware gets here.

I found this image on the web and it rather suits me to a tee.  hahaha.  

Well, I will be after I have my coffee!  

Has anyone noticed that some bottle caps are put on extra tight?  Deanne picked up a bottle of prune juice for me the other day and I haven't been able to drink any of it because I can't open the bottle.  I do have a round rubber thing to help me open bottles and jars, but it is not working on this bottle.  I'll see if Deanne can open it when she stops by.

I found this interesting image on the web and borrowed it to share.  I never gave much thought to what it means when you find a feather.  And, I've never found a pink or a yellow feather.  I have found grey feathers.  How about any of you?  

Now I'm going to head for the kitchen and make some breakfast.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh how early you were this time? But having breakfast first and then perhaps a short nap is a good thing to continue the day. The other day I watched a short cooking program and the cook used several spoons and said that someone never could have enough spoons(specially is you are a cook).
Perhaps you have a small spoon with a thin end that you can put under the cap of the bottle and often that helps to get some air in it and then you easily can open the bottle. It often helps with me.

Running out of things happens all the time, but it often are things we don;t expect. The more fun it is to buy some new, isn;t it?

The day here started grey, but now the sun is showing a lot and it is even very nice in the garden, I just had a cup of tea again and read a bit in my book. Wonderful.

Have a great day, have fun with the packages from Amazon, have a relaxing nap.
Hugs
Kyra

Beth Reed said...

Edna I borrowed the feather image from your blog. I have a wonderful story about the white feather and I love all feathers. I have found white, black and gray.
I hope that you have a great day napping. I think that my day will be spent napping as well. Hugs xoxoxoxo

Anne M Robinson said...

I know what you mean about the bottles and caps. Lord it is hard to open a bottle of water. We have filtered water but Nick prefers bottles while he works so I share a case with him. Do you know Carol at A Shutterbug Explores at creative harbor? She has had the little Yorkies too. I always forget to ask you this. She also lives in MA.
We have a heatwave that keeps coming back. Suppose to get some rain. I am rooting for the rain. Remind me not to complain if the rains come back again.
I am washing a set of new sheets I found at a great price at amazon prime days. They arrived a day early. So I will get Nick to help me fold them when they are dry. Then when we change our bedding this weekend, I will act surprises. Blue sheets! Oh my, where were these hiding hahahahaha
I hope your days are glorious and you get all the naps you need. The coffee meme is so funny.
HUGS and LOVE

Theresa said...

Hi there, I have been MIA on vacation and trying to catch up this morning! Hope your morning coffee is tasty and that your day is fantabulous too:) HUGS!

Buttercup said...

I have a lot of trouble opening jars. I use rubber jar openers, hot water and sometimes resort to banging the jar against the counter when all else fails. With you on the feathers. Not many pink or yellow ones around. Have a great day!

Steve Reed said...

I have a green feather that I found on Hampstead Heath, probably from one of London's feral parakeets. That's not even on your chart!

I like using the smaller forks and spoons too -- Dave likes the large ones. Between the two of us we use all the silverware!