Thursday, June 10, 2021

A Delightful Drop In Temps

June 10, 2021

Good morning.  Today is sunny and cooler.  Today's temp should be around 70F degrees with overcast clouds all day.  Sounds like gorgeous to me!

Deanne came by yesterday and sprayed the tomato plant, after picking off all the affected leaves.  Here's hoping it does the trick.  I guess it just seemed too good to be true that this particular tomato plant was growing like a weed.  Now it is tall and skinny.  sighhh.

Last week I ordered a new book and it came a couple days ago.  It's about wild foods, and it's really quite interesting.

Did you know that the bulbs of the Tiger Lily are edible?  Here's a recipe for you. (from the book)

No, I'm not planning on shopping for tonight's dinner in my yard, but this type of information is good to know.  Plus it makes for very interesting reading.

I have no special plans for today.  I'll go outside for a little while, then hopefully I can take a nice nap.  I woke up a lot during the night and didn't really get lots of sleep.  So I'm really looking forward to that nap.

One day this week, Deanne and I are going shopping at Ocean State Job Lot.  I'll be picking up a new garden hose.  I really should make a list of things to look for.  I also need to pick up a couple expandable folders.  I keep my tax information in these.

Now I'm off to read a few blogs.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Edna, I'm glad someone is having perfect weather:) I agree with you making a list of what you want to buy when you go shopping with your daughter. I really dislike going shopping without a list as I am forever trying to remember everything I wanted to get if I don't have a list. I've always been a list maker anyway. ha!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I didn't know you could eat Tiger Lily bulbs though I remember reading somewhere that the Aztecs grew Dahlias just to eat the tubers, whereas Runner Beans were originally grown in England for their flowers.
I seem to have all kinds of things which I need to buy at the moment; none of them absolutely essential and all put off while Covid restrictions were in place.

smiekeltje said...

Cross fingers for the tomatoe plant.

Yes, goo didea, if you didnlt sleep a lot, take a nice nap.

In real bad times people here did eat tulip bulbs! I don;t know if they were really good to eat, but when you are very, very hungry, you eat almost everything.

Good luck for the garden hose(and lot so fnice things perhaps),
Have a happy day,
Hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoy your outing to Ocean State, Edna. We also have one here in Nashua, NH, and it's one of my favorite places to go even when I don't need anything. Just looking around is a lot of fun and hope you find the garden hose.

Steve Reed said...

Hmmmm...I think I'd rather enjoy the flowers of a tiger lily than eat their bulbs! But that IS interesting.