Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Back Posting With My New Laptop

June 2, 2021

Good morning.  Well, hopefully, this laptop is all set now.  I have spent many hours on the phone with the tech support folks at HP over the last few days.  Years ago, you could buy a laptop and take it home and start using it.  Nowadays, that's not so.  

Ever wonder why a new laptop comes with a year of tech support?  It's probably because it's going to take that long to figure everything out.  Of course, that does not include me.  My brain is tired so I need at least three or four years to figure things out. 

I did learn one very important thing during these last few days.  I would not want to work as a tech support person and have to put up with a cranky old lady like me.  When I am frustrated, I am cranky.  Make that CRANKY.  Afterwards, I have a lot of apologizing to do.  I need to work on this.

During this chaotic time (for me) I seem to have misplaced my exterior hard drive.  My "morning blogs" folder is on that hard drive so now I have to try to look each one up.  This will take me a while, but I will get caught up with each of your blogs soon.

Today I thought I might share a photo of my Rhododendron bush.  This year it is really looking super.

My Red Knock Out Roses are starting to bloom too.  Maybe in a couple more weeks, the white rose bush next to this one will be in bloom too.

I don't have Photoshop CC installed on this laptop so it's going to be tricky for me to learn how to crop my photos to share here.  I'm working on it.  Sighhhh, there's just so much to learn!

Meanwhile, I have been busy with my crocheting.  I finished the Raspberry pocket wrap and the Luffa green one.  Now I'm working on a pink one and a red one.  I find that working on two is good because when I start to get bored working on one wrap, I just pick up the other one.  I'll try to have photos of the finished wraps soon.

Now I'm off to find a few of my favorite blogs to read.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Lovely to see you are back in the world of Blog , Ms. Edna, you have been missed.
What a gorgeous bush, at first glance I thought it was a Lilac bush, but the blooms are much bigger.
Welcome back !
Hugs,
~Jo

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

So nice to see this post using your new laptop, Edna, and you are so right about tech support being needed for a setup. I can well remember times of calling and not being able to understand what I was being told and am still trying to figure things out some days. YouTube is always a backup and at times has been very useful. I once used Photoshop many years ago, but now there are alternatives you can download and some are low cost or no cost. Many have the cropping feature you are looking for as well. The flowers are lovely.

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad you got the laptop functioning once again. Your rhododendron is looking amazing! And don't worry about getting cranky. We all get cranky, especially when we're on the phone for a long time with tech support. If you apologized I'd say you're already way ahead of most of the people they deal with.

Mary Ann Roesler said...

Your rhododendron is awesome. Call me and I'll walk you through cropping your photos in PSCC. It is so easy...you can do it!

Beth Reed said...

Wow what a gorgeous bush and the red roses are going to look super with the white ones to set it off just in time for the 4th Of July.
I didn't pay for the tech support package that they offered. It was just to expensive and I was upset to learn that I had to pay for it, but I didn't research this laptop out the way that I should have and for the price I could have gotten 2. Lesson Lived and Lesson Learned I suppose.
Hugs and I will talk to you soon... xoxoxo