Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Fun Stamps

June 9, 2021

Good morning.  Temps are going down a few degrees today, and according to my phone, we should be getting a little rain.  Of course, my phone doesn't always get it right. But that's okay.  I'm getting used to my phone's quirky ways.

Yesterday afternoon the thunder rolled in.  It got noisy for a while, and then the rain started.  I think all one hundred and seventeen drops fell on my car.  At some point during the night, it must have rained a bit more because there are a couple puddles in the yard.

Those new stamps that I had ordered came a couple days ago.  Here's what the Halloween stamps look like.  I'll save them for my October mail.

My flower gardens aren't doing so good this year.  None of my beautiful big irises appear to be coming up this year.  However, the Knock Out Roses are doing just fine.


I only crocheted a few rows yesterday.  Some days I'm just not in the mood.  Instead, I did a few Word Search puzzles.  Today I'll be watching a lot of Law & Order, Criminal Intent on WE channel.  It's on all day.  

Deanne will be stopping by after work today.  The spray for the tomato plants came yesterday so we'll get to spray the plants today.  I hope this helps.  I was hoping for a bumper crop of tomatoes this year.  To be honest, even one tomato from each plant will be a big plus!  

Now I'm off to do some blog reading.  I'm finally getting  caught up reading them.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

Suemn said...

Oh Edna, you are so lucky that your weather will be decent. We are in a heat wave that looks like it will remain for the next two weeks. I think tomorrow (Thursday) will be the worse with expected high around 100 degrees. We're just not used to this type of weather hanging around so long. Oh well, we will be more appreciative of the nicer weather when it comes back:)

smiekeltje said...

Oh, as long a the roses bloom as they do, well, they compensate a lot. May be it was too dry or too wet or too cold for the irisses?It is sometimes hard to figure out why some plants/flowers do weell one year and not the other year.

Those stamsp really look great and are great fun.

Hope your tomatoe plants will end up giving you some tomatoes. I planted today a few green beans(low sort, they will gow as plant to about 60cms only) and it will be fun to see if we will have some crop later this year.

Have a wonderful day,
Hugs
Kyra

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad your roses are doing well, at least. I wonder what's up with the irises?

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Just spent some time catching up on your recent blog posts, Edna.We were away last week visiting in NJ and this week is catch-up for household, blog reading, and other things. Glad that your new PC is working well (yeah) and that you located the misplaced external drive, always the last place you look.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Those stamps are very cool. I order on line all the time. I am not a fan of the USPS lines inside their offices. We have such a heat wave. UGH! I am not a fan of it either. I am catching up with blogs. Hoping your tomatoes will bring you some good ones. HUGS to you