Monday, June 7, 2021

A Day With A Surprise Ending

June 7, 2021

Good morning.  Today will be hot hot hot.  I think I'll just stay in and demolish a big bag of junk mail.  Yup, that's my project for today.  Yesterday, I was busy all day and evening, and as soon as I can think of what it was that kept me so busy, I'll share it.

One thing that I do every now and then is to stop whatever I'm doing and look into another place for my missing external drive.  Last night, while writing a letter to a friend, I thought of a couple more places to look, so I did just that.  Nope, nope, and nope.  Just one more place to look -- in the carry case where I keep my little laptop.  Well, la dee dah!!!  There it was!!!  All tucked in so that I could not lose it or misplace it. Woo Hoo!

A couple years ago, we planted two little rose plants in the yard not far from my porch.  This year, they have the most beautiful blossoms!  Here are some photos of them.



Oh how I miss using Photoshop to crop and brighten up my photos.  Alas, I do not have it on this laptop.  And, I'm thinking of not putting it here either.  Unless I can figure out how to put just the small portion of the program that I use on the laptop.  

My tomato plants are growing nicely.  BUT, one of them is being infected with a disease that is turning some of its leaves yellow.  I ordered some spray for this and it will get here tomorrow.  Hopefully, this will help my plant.

Today I need to figure out how I'm going to get me and this new laptop downtown to the repair shop so that I can see if they can shut of the "S" mode.  After that, I will be able to put my puzzle program on here.  I miss doing my jig saw puzzles.  

That's about all my news for today.  Now I'm off to get a nice cold bottle of water and do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Great you find your external drive. we don;t often think about a logical place where we would be able to find it ALWAYS hahaha.
What beautiful roses on those bushes.
Plants always keep us in surprise of what they do and how they bloom. It is magical.
About the tomatoe plants, leaves turning yellow can be caused by lot of things.
Try this link to read it if you like
https://plantcaretoday.com/yellow-leaves.html
(I don't know how I can turn the link in blue here so that you can click it right away)

Lovely weather here too, Jan is already much better, is in the garden doing a puzzle.
Have a wonderful day, and hopefully in the computer shop they can help you well with the new laptop.
Hugs
Kyra

My Tata's Cottage said...

Hi Edna! We have had a heat wave too. From rain rain rain to heat heat heat! We finally were able to work in our yard this weekend. It is shaping up. I hope the pray helps your tomato plant. We have not been able to plant anything as it had been so cold. I appreciate you stopping by and look forward to catching up with you here, Have a blessed new week. HUGS and LOVE

Steve Reed said...

Well, if it's any consolation, your pictures look just fine without Photoshop. There must be a photo editing program that came with the laptop, right? Probably something that would allow you to crop and make simple edits.

savannah said...

The photos of the roses don't need to be fixed. They are stunningly beautiful just as they are!
Thanks for sharing them!