Sunday, June 27, 2021

Keeping Busy

June 27, 2021

Good morning.  Wow, we are almost out of June!  Time is marching by rather quickly.  Do you realize that Christmas is only 181 days away?  And Hanukkah is only 154 days away?  Maybe it's time to start thinking about shopping?  

I already have a few things set aside for Christmas.  And I already know what I'm giving my kids.  How about you?    I'd like to say that I'm going to start wrapping things early, but -- well, I know me.  What I'd like to say and what I really do are usually two different things.  

Yesterday, I filled two thumb drives with all sorts of music for my cousin.  When I was done, I wondered if maybe it was too much for her.  So, this morning, I started to filter some of the music into a separate folder for her.  My cousin barely knows how to use a thumb drive.  So, maybe a folder full of music might be easier for her than two thumb drives filled with folders full of different kinds of music.  

(image borrowed from web)  I can sit and listen to old songs all day and all night long.  

We're in for a heat wave here in New England.  Today's temps will hit ninety degrees, and the next few days will be in the mid to upper nineties.  Thank goodness for my air conditioner.  

My tomato plants are looking promising.  There are several small green tomatoes on them.  Woo Hoo!  I go out in the evening or very early morning and water them.  I can't wait till I can pick my first tomato!  

There's not much else happening here, so I'm off to do a bit of blog reading.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all stay safe and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

The Peanuts graphic is soooo appropriate for every single day. Thanks for the smile. Enjoy your Sunday.

Buttercup said...

I've started to think about Christmas/Chanukah too. I will be in Maine next month and will start looking at things that would be good presents. There are new babies (Yay!) and weddings to come, so gifts are on my mind. Take care and keep cool!

Steve Reed said...

I'm glad your tomatoes are coming along! I'm with you on the old songs. I never listen to modern music! Give me some Simon & Garfunkel any day.

smiekeltje said...

Yes, I mentioned it in my blog too, Christmas seems far away but it will be here soon.
Little or much music, your cousin will be happy with it.

My tomatoes show more and more small yesllow flowers, so here is hope too. And even my beans are growing, we'lls see if there will be harvest some day.

It may be rather warm in your area, but it is a good thing, saves a lot of heating(and that is money). You're airco is a great thing for you.

Have a happy day,
hugs
Kyra

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the update on days left till the holidays, Edna, but no early shopping/wrapping for me. I suspect that years ago people did that more often then now and when layaway and Christmas clubs were popular. Now, people just wait for sales before the holiday. Staying indoors by the a/c will be good the next few days in New England as the forecast is the same in NH as well.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I sure love Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the gang. Such innocence. Oh the heat waves are on! We have had some rain except once it is over the humidity comes along. We use to have dry heat now it is different. I am just grateful for any rain we get. I am trying to get through all the summer birthdays we have. Birthdays every months except March I think. Christmas will be here though, before we know it. I am buying lots of blankets for my kids and grands. So soft and so comfy to cuddle with on a cold winter's night. Sigh...
Have a great weekend and take care. Stay cool.